Jonah Goldberg, senior editor at National Review and author of Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change, joined The Glenn Beck Program on Tuesday to finish an earlier discussion about the future of the conservative movement. Glenn wanted Goldberg’s opinion on two post-election scenarios — a Trump presidency or a Clinton presidency — and their impact on conservatism.
“I want to talk to you about 11/9, the day after the election,” Glenn said. “We have such division in our country right now and in the conservative movement that I don’t even know what it means anymore. What does the party do the day after the election and in the next year, let’s say, first scenario, Donald Trump loses? What happens?”
Goldberg shared his views on the battle facing conservatives and also offered quick-witted insights on Hillary’s recent health crisis: I really couldn’t care less that she’s got pneumonia. People get pneumonia. People get sick. The problem is how she handled it.
Enjoy this complimentary clip from The Glenn Beck Program:
HIGHLIGHTS OF GLENN’S CONVERSATION WITH JONAH GOLDBERG
• On CollapseGate: If you’re living a fearful, paranoid life, you do things in a way that seem really silly and paranoid and fearful and you think you must have something to hide. — Goldberg
• It could be pneumonia, it could be Parkinson’s, it could be allergies: They have a long history of avoiding the truth at all costs. How do we know she doesn’t have Parkinson’s or something else? — Glenn
• Presidents, polio and the press: Thumb-sucking journalism school seminars have been talking about how a presidential candidate’s health is a legitimate subject since FDR fooled the country about, you know, his polio. — Goldberg
• Glenn’s reaction to Goldberg speaking poorly about a progressive president: I expect better from you, the man who was taught me to hate Woodrow Wilson. — Glenn
• Regarding a recent New York Times article on Hillary 6.0: Hillary Clinton has been reintroducing herself to the American public for 30 years. — Goldberg
• On the #NeverEverForget movement: They will spend the rest of their lives trying to destroy anybody who stood against Donald Trump. — Glenn
• Donald Trump’s reported plan B to start a television network if he loses: Their goal is to destroy the conservative movement and the Republican Party and replace it with something sort of nationalistic that is sort of European-style nationalistic movement. — Goldberg
• The Donald: All of the Donald Trump mini me’s in these various primaries have done very, very badly which suggests that people really like Donald Trump, the individual, but his ideas and his ideology, such as they are, are not as popular as a lot of his biggest boosters claim. — Goldberg
• The short answer on either Trump or Clinton winning: The living will envy the dead. — Goldberg
Listen to this segment from The Glenn Beck Program:
Featured Image: Screenshot of Jonah Goldberg, featured on The Glenn Beck Program, September 13, 2016.