Taxpayer-Funded Abortions for Illegal Immigrants? Here Are Some of Oregon’s 750 New Laws
Oregon lawmakers passed hundreds of new bills this year, many of which will go into effect on Jan. 1.
While sitting in for Glenn on today’s show, Doc and Kal talked about some of the new state laws for 2018. They couldn’t figure out why Oregon needed 750 new laws; how do you even think of that many things to tell people not to do?
Here are some of the new laws set to be effective in Oregon on New Year’s Day:
- The gas tax will rise 4 cents to 34 cents.
- The age limit to buy tobacco will increase to 21.
- Oregon judges will be able to issue “extreme risk protection orders” taking away firearms from people deemed an immediate threat to themselves or family members.
- Speed limits will be lowered from 25 mph to 20 mph for residential streets in Portland.
- Women who are in the country illegally will be able to get an abortion paid for by taxpayers.
- Riding public transportation without paying a fare will be downgraded from a Class A to a Class C misdemeanor (although penalties increase for anyone who evades fare three times or more).
Has Oregon passed up California as the most liberal state in the union? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.