How to win the argument de jour with logic and facts
The Border: Part One of thousands of arguments about Immigration
What the liberal whiners say:
1. ‘Putting up a fence along the border sends the wrong signal to a friend and ally’
2. ‘The only people crossing the border are good, decent, hard-working family people, here to make a better life’
3. ‘The last thing we need is another Berlin Wall…this is supposed to be America!’
Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments:
1. Do YOU have a fence around your property? Is your neighbor offended by it? Did you put it up because you’re a hateful racist, bent on keeping al who don’t look like you off your property? Of course not. The old saying good fences make good neighbors has never been more true.
2. Well, there are some of those, and we’ll discuss them another time. But there are also many drug smugglers and criminals, intent of harming American citizens. There are many like Jose Medellin, who just last week was finally executed for his crime of raping, torturing and brutally murdering two innocent teenage girls in Houston, Texas in 1993.
There are also armed military incursions across our border on a regular basis. Just last week, a U.S. border agent was held at gunpoint by Mexican military who’d crossed the border. They held him until back up border patrol agents arrived, then the retreated back across the border. Last month, Mexican commandos crossed the border all the way to Phoenix, Arizona, where they riddled a home with over 100 bullets, killing the American citizen inside, and had planned to ambush police responding to the incident, but ran out of ammunition. Several were caught by Phoenix police, the rest retreated back to Mexico. This is the 42 armed incursions into the United States by Mexican commandos since October…there’s been over 300 since 2005. By the way, the Mexican authorities said their military personnel didn’t know they’d crossed the border…a FENCE would help with that. After all, some might call an armed, military incursion across our border, an act of war.
3. First of all, we’re not talking about a wall, we’re talking about a fence. A fence designed to keep criminals, smugglers, potential terrorists, and yes, illegal aliens out…not, as was the case with the Berlin Wall, to keep our citizens IN. No one is trying to escape this country, so the Berlin Wall comparison shows that you possess all the intelligence of a bathroom bowl brush.
Over 1 MILLION people were apprehended by U.S. agents trying to sneak into the country last year. The Border Patrol estimates that they catch one in three. That means 2 million illegal aliens were successful sneaking into our nation. 2 MILLION per year! No nation of earth can sustain such an illegal influx.