“Win a Trip to NYC and Meet Glenn” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
1. Eligibility: The “Win a trip to NYC and meet Glenn” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, except in states where the majority age requirement is above eighteen (18) years, in the state or territory in which they reside as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Individuals who have won a prize from the Sponsor (defined below) or Radio Show (defined below) within one hundred eighty (180) days prior to the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Estimated odds of winning: 1 in 500,000.
Employees of Mercury Radio Arts, Inc. (“the Sponsor”) Fan Appz, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and The Glenn Beck Program (the “Radio Show”) (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), each radio station contracted to broadcast the Radio Show, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, agents and advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Sponsor. The Poll and the Sweepstakes Entry Forms are administered by the Administrator. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes entry period begins on March 15th, 2011 at 9:00 AM ET and ends on March 29th, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted or post-marked before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. How to Enter:
A. Internet Entry: you can enter the Sweepstakes through the Fan Appz’s Application on the Facebook Platform. You can also find the Sweepstakes tab on the Glenn Beck Fan Page on Facebook located at http://facebook.com/GlennBeck. Locate the “Sweepstakes” tab and complete the Sweepstakes Entry Form. Upon submitting the Entry Form, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Valid registrations must contain all information requested. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of registration rests solely with the participant. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies, or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods, or through the use of fraudulent email accounts or fraudulent Facebook accounts will be void. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions will be accepted. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language including profanity, to be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. B. Mail-in Entry: you can also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a 3” x 5” card, with your name, age, address, contact phone, email address, and your signature, to Mercury Radio Arts, Inc, 1270 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10020. Attn: “Win a trip to NYC and meet Glenn” Sweepstakes. Upon receipt of the mail-in entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. All mail-in entries must be hand-printed. All entries must be post marked no later than the last business day of the Entry Period and received by the Sponsor no later than the third business day following the last day of the Entry Period. All entries and requests become the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged. Illegible entries are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, mutilated, postage due, or entries not received in time for drawing.
7. Drawing: On April 5, 2011, one (1) prize winner will be selected. The prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will be conducted by the Administrator. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing through email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining eligible entries.
8. Requirements of Potential Winner: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received.
9. Prize: There will be one (1) prize awarded (“Prize”), consisting of a trip for one (1) winner and one (1) guest to New York, NY. The trip includes round trip coach airfare for two (2) people from the major aiport nearest the winner’s home to the major airport nearest New York, NY (as determined by Sponsor), two (2) night hotel accommodations (double occupancy), a one (1) hour visit for two (2) to watch the Radio Show live, airport transfers, two (2) tickets to see Spider-Man on Broadway (Approximate Retail Value: $3,389.88). Odds of winning the Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Estimated odds of winning: 1 in 500,000. Prize travel must take place by March 1, 2012 and is subject to the Radio Show’s schedule and availability. Prize winner and guest will be subject to a background check prior to travel and may be offered an alternative cash prize, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A minor must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Prize winner and guest must travel out of the same airport and on the same itinerary. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if Prize winner resides less than one hundred (100) miles from the prize destination. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prizes, including destination and travel dates, for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the Prize, or cash substitution is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
10. TAXES: Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sweepstakes Entities, and the value of any Prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the Prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner must provide the Sweepstakes Entities with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
12. Opt-Out: If you wish to request to be removed from the Sponsor’s mailing list, please send the request to the Sponsor to the following address: MERCURY RADIO ARTS, INC, 1270 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, 9TH FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10020. The Sponsor will remove you from the mailing list within sixty (60) days of receipt of the request.
13. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to threaten, annoy, harass, bother or otherwise disrupt any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
14. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, the Sweepstakes Entities and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any Prize (including any travel related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
The Released Parties shall not be liable to winner or to any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or requests(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the actions(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control.
15. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
17. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than April 15, 2011 to “Win a trip to NYC to meet Glenn Sweepstakes”, 1270 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, 9th Floor, New York, NY, 10020. Vermont residents only may omit return postage.
18. JURISDICTION: These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Venue and jurisdiction for any claims associated in any way with these rules shall only be proper in the State of New York.
19. SPONSOR: Mercury Radio Arts, Inc, 1270 Avenue of The Americas, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10020.