Brian Sack takes a look at how the country has been affected by the Arizona shootings, the future of the internet, a flashback to his old job and Glenn’s Broadway review…
An Op/Ed By Greg Pesci
Entrepreneurs, free to pursue their economic dreams, built America! They are, and always have been, its creators of jobs, growth, and wealth.
In 1831, Alexis de Tocqueville wrote in Democracy in America:
“It may be said that, in the United States, there is no limit to the inventiveness of man to discover the ways of increasing wealth and to satisfy the public’s needs.” He continued, “the primary reason for [America’s] rapid progress, their strength and greatness is their bold approach to industrial undertakings.” What impressed De Tocqueville most about business in America was “not so much the marvelous grandeur of some undertaking as the innumerable multitude of small ones.”
Data from the Census Bureau (Business Dynamics Statistics) demonstrate that since 1977 American entrepreneurs in firms less than five years old have been responsible for literally all the net job creation in this country. For more than 30 years, new companies have led job creation in America. Recently, Carl J. Schramm of the Kauffman Foundation stated, “new and young companies and the entrepreneurs that create them are the engines of job creation and eventual recovery.” With 9.8 percent unemployment, if we want to create jobs in America we need to free up entrepreneurs and not burden them with increased taxes or regulation.
From the Jan-Feb 2011 Issue of Fusion Magazine. Many people today think that religion should be kept separate from government, but in truth, the faith of a people is the most important aspect of civil society. George Washington wrote in his “Farewell Address” in 1796, “[of] all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.”
Our Founders believed that it was not just faith in any god or religion that formed the foundation of free societies, but it was specifically the Christian religion and faith in the true God. In fact, signer of the Declaration Benjamin Rush wrote in 1806: “Christianity is the only true and perfect religion, and that in proportion as mankind adopts its principles and obeys its precepts, they will be wise and happy.”
All nations are religious. All nations are built upon some religion, that is, upon some set of presuppositions about life, law, right, truth, and morality that is ultimately rooted in the faith of the people. A people’s faith determines a people’s character and worldview, which in turn determines how free, prosperous, just, and virtuous the nation is. In short, the religion of a people is the life-blood of the nation. It is the primary seed that produces fruit in every sphere of life.
From the Jan-Feb 2011 Issue of Fusion Magazine: In November of 2009, Glenn spent a weekend at The Villages in Florida, where he announced that he would be holding an event at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. There he would unveil “The Plan,” a book that would establish a hundred year path for America, leading to a restored nation. But over 2009 and 2010 the idea for the DC event transformed into a celebration of Faith, Hope, and Charity. Glenn argued that in order to restore our nation, we must turn back to God and embody the values of our Founders.
On August 28, 2010, at the Restoring Honor rally, Glenn recognized individuals who embodied these values and spread the message of Faith, Hope, and Charity to the masses. He called for Americans to never forget that one person could change the world, and that the next George Washington could be an eight-year-old child in the crowd. After his inspiring speech, the crowd went on their way to take the message back to their communities and that was it, right? Wrong.
Week of January 10th, 2011: Brian Sack takes a look at Glenn’s new books and more…
Coming up this Week on Insider Extreme
New Year, new website and a bigger and better Insider Extreme! Now that everyone is settled into 2011, here’s a look at all the Insider Extreme content coming your way this week:
Czar at Large: Brian Sack reflects on the many Glenn books from the past year. With the success of Broke and the new release of The 7: Seven Wonders That Will Change Your Life, there is bound to be more titles from Glenn this year. Our Czar-at-Large takes a look at what those titles could possibly be…
Liberal Lies: The left wants you to think tax cuts only benefit the richest Americans—but that’s a lie! In a brand new Liberal Lies, Professor Larry Schweikart explains the origins of the income tax and how tax cuts benefit ALL Americans!
Wilmington Memories: Did you see the new vignette of memories from Wilmington? Click on the Specials tab and join Glenn as he explored a real life Bedford Falls. Also, look out for Wilmington’s Enlightenment this week for a behind the scenes glimpse into Glenn’s trip to one of the most inspirational towns in America.
8.28 Documentary: Now available for pre-order is the 8.28 Documentary DVD. The DVDs will ship February 25th. Don’t forget as an Insider Extreme member you get 10% off in the studio store when using THIS LINK.
|Plus, be sure to follow the GBInsider Twitter account for programming updates and alerts…|
Happy New Year Insider Extreme members! After a holiday break, Insider Extreme is back and bigger than ever!
We are proud to introduce you to the new and improved glennbeck.com and to kick off the new site we’d like to give you a rundown of what you can expect from the new layout and design. So what’s new and exciting for 2011? Here’s a look…
HD Video – Bigger and better, our new HD video player is now live! Soon Insider Extreme will also have an adaptive bitrate stream — that’s a techy way of saying if you have a faster internet connection you’ll receive even better picture than before, and if you’re on a slower connection the video will decrease it’s bandwidth to help with issues like buffering and skipping!
iPhone App – coming VERY soon! Our new FREE iPhone app will give you an optimized/streamlined way to access Extreme video, both live and on-demand on the go! Look for more information on this in the days to come.
iPhone / iPad / Droid compliant – When our last website was built the iPhone wasn’t even out yet! How the world has changed in just a few short years. But now with the new GlennBeck.com you can access your favorite Extreme features directly from your phone if it’s HTML5 compliant (and don’t worry, most modern phones are including iPhone, iPad and Droid).
More videos onscreen – With our new site you’ll have easier access to the Insider Extreme video archives. Take a look at our videos page here. The increased player size and more thumbnails makes it faster than ever to browse the archives!
More content – We can’t announce it quite yet but there is a “5th” hour coming to the Insider Extreme. Check back as we’ll be providing more information soon…
Show Schedule – Have you ever been watching the show and thought, “Hm, what’s coming up next?” With the new Upcoming Schedule feature you’ll have a list of the day’s events.
Fusion Content – Yes, Fusion content was has always been available, but now it is easier than ever to find your favorite articles. Visit the Fusion tab at the top of the screen, from there you’ll have a listing of all available articles for the month as well as being able to pull up previous months issues.
Finally, The Insider Blog — This exclusive feature to Insider Extreme members will make it easier for us to communicate with you. From sharing exclusive Insider pre-sale information for events to just spreading behind the scenes gossips you’ll get all the latest information from Glenn, Stu, Pat, Jeffy and the rest of the Glenn Beck staff.
Note: All your existing features are still active but might have been moved to a new location.
For More Information click HERE.
Stay in the know, don’t forget to follow Insider Extreme on Twitter for all of the latest programming announcements!
Here’s to a happy, healthy and EXTREME 2011!
Welcome Insider Extreme members to our new and improved website! To kick off the new site we’d like to give you a rundown of what you can expect from and address questions you might have about the new layout and design. Please take a few minutes to look over the content below and then let us know what you think about the new site! So what can you expect from the new site? Here’s a look…
- HD Video – Bigger and better, our new HD video player is now live. Additionally we will soon be offering an adaptive bitrate stream — that's a techy way of saying if you have a faster internet connection you'll receive even better picture than before! Additionally if you're on a slower connection the video will decrease it's bandwidth to help with issues like buffering and skipping!
- iPhone App – coming VERY soon! Our new FREE iPhone app will give you an optimized/streamlined way to access Extreme video, both live and on-demand! Look for more information on this in the days to come.
- iPhone / iPad / Droid compliant – When our last website was built the iPhone wasn't even out yet, but the world has changed a lot in the last few years. With the new GlennBeck.com you can access most of the features of the Insider directly from your phone if it's HTML5 compliant (most modern phones are including iPhone, iPad and Droid).
- More videos onscreen – With our new site you'll have easier access to our video archives. Take a look at our videos page here. With our increased player sized and more thumbnails it’s easier than ever to find or just browse the archives!
- More content – We can’t announce it quite yet but there is a “5th” hour coming to the Insider Extreme. Check back as we’ll be providing more information soon…
- Show Schedule – It’s easier than ever to know what is coming up on the Insider Extreme. With the new Upcoming Schedule feature you’ll have a list at the day’s events. As the amount of live programming and specials expands for the Insider Extreme this will become a valuable resource for keeping track of what is airing when.
- Fusion Content – Yes, Fusion content was available previously but we now offer a much better way to allow you to access current and previous articles. Visit the Fusion tab at the top of the screen, from there you’ll have a listing of all available articles for the month as well as being able to pull up previous months issues.
- Finally, The Insider Blog — This exclusive feature to Insider Extreme members will make it easier for us to communicate with you. From sharing exclusive Insider pre-sale information for events to just spreading behind the scenes gossips you'll get all the latest information from Glenn, Stu, Pat, Jeffy and the rest of the Glenn Beck staff.
So that's a quick look at the new Glenn Beck Insider Extreme. We didn't touch on everything but hopefully that will get you started with the new site. Note: All your existing features are still active but might have got moved to a new location. We've done our best to make the new site as easy as possible to use but here's a quick list of links that might help you get up to speed faster.
- How do I watch the show live (Glenn Beck radio live, The 4th Hour, special events, etc) Just visit the Insider Extreme homepage for all live events – or if you prefer there is a Live video tab on the videos page.
- How do I watch the daily show archive? Here’s an easy way to think about everything video on the new site. The Insider Extreme homepage is your one-stop location for all live and special events – video archives of all types can be found my visiting the Videos section. For daily videos of the radio program you would click on the On Demand Tab – if you wanted to see a replay of something such as a Beck U class you would find that under Specials. Also on the videos page you have a general Search button that should help you find what you’re looking for and we’ll be delivering even more ways to search through content shortly… Also you’ll be able to find the full show recaps along with video/audio links on the Radio Recap page, located here. The daily links will also be available using the new Calendar feature on the Insider Extreme homepage.
- What happened to The Feed? The Feed is still there and active and hopefully easier than ever to use. From the Insider Extreme homepage just click on the large The Feed! graphic under the live video player. The Feed will pop-up in a new window so make sure you have any pop-up blockers turned off for the site. The pop-up window will allow you to move The Feed around the screen without it affecting the video, and it allows us to make it larger so things like polls don’t crowd it up.
- Where are the MP3 links? You can access the MP3 downloads by visiting the daily show recap pages here. Or if you’d rather have the MP3s delivered directly to your computer you can subscribe via iTunes.
- How do I find my account information? Billing or account questions should go here. If you have issues signing up or logging in you can contact us here. Finally if you just need some quick help you can view our FAQ here. You can also find our support links in the footer of the website.
- How do I find Insider Pre-Sale Links? These links will be posted on the Insider Extreme homepage under the Insider Blog (when available). All events will be announced prior to being on-sale so make sure you keep the Insider Extreme homepage booked marked.
Also note that if you get stuck checkout the footer at the bottom of the site. It's loaded with quick links to our most popular pages so it might just have the information you're looking for. After you've used the site a bit let us know what you think. If you're having any problems finding things or if you just want to let us know we've done an awesome job, we'd like to hear from you. Email us here… Thank you for being an Insider Extreme member, The Glenn Beck Staff
Hi, it’s Christopher Balfe, President of Mercury Radio Arts. Thank you for being an Insider Extreme subscriber. We launched Insider Extreme in March with the goal of delivering tons of original video that you can’t get anywhere else. Since then, Insider Extreme has delivered thousands of hours of exclusive live video, including amazing events like America’s Divine Destiny. The reaction has been nothing short of incredible. Over 52,000,000 videos have been viewed since launch. This is great, but we want to deliver even more. That’s why I’m excited to share with you today some major enhancements to your Insider Extreme subscription.
- Higher Quality Video. Since we launched in March, every subscriber, no matter what speed connection they were on, saw the same quality video. On January 3rd, that changes. If you have a faster internet connection, you will receive a higher quality video stream automatically…there is nothing you need to do.
- iPhone Application. We’ve been working for months to bring you an iPhone application that will bring all the great features of Insider Extreme to iPhone. I’m happy to announce that we’ve finally submitted that app to Apple for approval, and with any luck it will be in the App Store soon. The Glenn Beck app is Free to download, and allows anyone to listen to the radio show from anywhere they have an internet connection. Even better, Insider Extreme subscribers can watch live and on-demand video right from their phone.
- New Specials. Just like with Divine Destiny, Glenn’s “America’s First Christmas” show in Wilmington, OH is sold-out. But as an Insider Extreme subscriber, you’ll be there, LIVE, for all of the action.
- New Show. Since March, Insider Extreme has delivered 4 hours per day of Live streaming video. Beginning in Q1, we’ll be adding a 5th hour to our daily show lineup. I can’t reveal the person yet, but I’m very excited for this premiere and I think you will be as well.
- New GlennBeck.com. The old GlennBeck.com design has served us well, but on January 3rd we’ll be launching a brand new web site. We hope the new site will be easier to navigate and will better feature all of the great video content we’ve been creating on Insider Extreme.
As always, we appreciate hearing from you. If you have new feature ideas, don’t hesitate to share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks, Chris Balfe