ROBYN MORRIS – HOUSE OF PRAYER
KERRY “PIZZA MAN” STEED – GENERATIONS PIZZA OWNER
ALAN WILLOUGHBY – SUGARTREE MINISTRIES
TODD RAINEY – AUTOMOTIVE BUSINESS BURNED DOWN, REOPENED BUSINESS IN WILMINGTON
JOSHUA CHARLES – DROVE 12 HOURS TO WILMINGTON WITH HIS FRAT BROTHERS AND SERVED THE ‘NIGHT WATCH’ AT THE HOUSE OF PRAYER.
STEPHANIE CRISE – HAS HOUSE OF PRAYER IN TEXAS. DROVE 17 HOURS FROM TEXAS TO WILMINGTON TO GET IDEAS FROM THEM ON HOW TO MAKE HER OWN HOUSE OF PRAYER BETTER.
ROBYN MORRIS – WILMINGTON HOUSE OF PRAYER
1) We have had approx. 100 inquiries from people all over the nation wanting to know how to start a House of Prayer/Prayer Room in their cities - these inquiries have been through email and personal visits to the House of Prayer.
2) Prayer requests are being sent in by email or reg. mail - and of prayers that have been answered that were either sent in or personally written on one of the prayer boards.
3) When Glenn was here, he mentioned a dream he had, I think he meant a dream in his sleep, about seeing people standing. He conveyed that "dream" and thanked me for standing. This is exactly what I'm experiencing through all of these inquires on starting a HOP - people have been encouraged by my standing, and putting my hope and faith in God (Divine Providence) through a united people coming together in prayer. People are beginning to "stand", they're beginning to BELIEVE that they too can experience what we're experiencing in Wilmington; desiring to unite the churches in their cities through prayer, to stand, believing like Wilmington, that With God All Things ARE Possible.
ALLEN WILLOUGHBY- SUGARTREE MINISTRIES
· We have been blessed in 100's of ways ... food donations, finances, volunteers and etc. We have seen 5 semi trucks of food and many pick-up trucks, over 100 thousand dollars has come in for support, 100's of visitors have come through the ministry. There are so many wonderful people in this land that have visited us, supported us and prayed with and for us.
Some specific stories are:
· Joseph who came from Illinois ... he saw the Nov 19th show and gave his life to God that night. What is amazing is he was a member of the National Atheist Association and even has done walks on Washington proclaiming his cause. He worked with us for 3 days and I asked him to tell me his story the second day and he told me of his past and how when watching the interview with Glenn and myself that he was moved to give his life to God. His experience while at Sugartree was life changing (in his own words) and we were so blessed to meet Joseph and work and pray with him.
· Greg came from Alabama .. he drove 100 bird houses to us to be given out at Christmas time. He brought a friend by the name of Dog ... who was a recovering alcoholic and we had a couple of days of great fellowship and prayer.
· Another man drove from Wisconsin ..17hours ..met with me , prayed with me and gave us a blank envelope, stated I have done my job and left. 20 - 100 dollar bills were in the envelope.
· (Truck) another volunteer came , bought stuff in Wilmington, got a hair cut , new glasses and worked in the soup kitchen for two days ... a great man.
· A young man from Kentucky came worked the soup kitchen with us, met with a pastor friend of mine and I and we talked and prayed with him. He saw the 19th show and had to come. He rededicated his life to Jesus and was going to seek out a 12 step program to help him with addiction.
· We gave out enough groceries for 500 families and toys for 500 families with the help of a local medical factory and the food and gifts from Glenn's listeners. People were so blessed and we had thousands of toys to give out as well as 400 hams, 150 turkey's and 500 bags of groceries.
· There are so many stories to tell, but our lives will never be the same after Glenn's visit.
(Todd relocated to Wilmington after a fire burned down his automotive business nearby)
· Fire wasn’t even cold yet, I was covered in soot and I got a call from a man from my church who knew a guy from Wilmington who wanted to help. He let me move in on nothing but a handshake and let him pay him what he could afford.
· When we spoke on your radio program.. you told me to look up the story of Thomas Edison and the fire that destroyed his business. The next day, I found an old New York Times article on the fire. You were right. I connected with his story right away. We worked 16 hours straight through the night that first day and many months following...
· When my daughter was 10 years old… she handed me a little white styrofoam coffee cup. On it she had written "I Love You Dad". The cup was upside down, and on the bottom she wrote "Keep This". I did, and every time I walked past it on my desk for the next few years I was reminded that she would always love me. The fire destroyed nearly everything… it was hot enough to melt aluminum.. then I remembered Tori's cup. Only a Dad who has lost the love of his daughter and regained it again could probably understand how much losing a silly little cup could hurt. A few days later, I was cleaning off the ashes from what was left of my desk and found something that I believe only God himself could have done. (The ‘I love you Dad’ part on the cup was spared).
Kerry "The Pizza Man" Steed
· Right after the show, people started calling and emailing me because they saw me on tv with Glenn. I started getting checks, people would call me with their credit cards saying they wanted to buy pizza for people who came in.
One guy told me he wanted to pay for 10 pizzas a month for a year for anyone in the restaurant. I said why don’t I reach out to the church community and find 10 families who really deserve it. So I’ve been collecting names and calling these people and telling them that we’re taking care of dinner tonight.
· Wilmington is starting to get a cult following now. Tourists are coming to the town to do a ‘Glenn tour’. They’re coming to see the Murphy theater, go to the house of prayer, stay at the General Denver hotel, and everyone comes here and get a pizza. They even want to know what kind of pizza Glenn had. I told them Glenn loves the Big Hawaiian.
· We see things turning for the better here . Conversations always come back to the Glenn beck visit.
· We're More Prosperous - Glenn definitely has some influence over his viewers and listeners because they have spent tens of thousands of dollars in Wilmington specifically because he told them to and it wasn't just the two days he was in town. People are still coming to visit, shop, and get a piece of what Glenn seems to like so much.
· Renewed sense of Community - We (residents of Wilmington) knew that in order for us to come back from the brink we needed to have fortitude and foresight to see us through these tough economic times. I think Glenn championed Wilmington because he champions those that get knocked down yet get back up, dust themselves off, and give it another go.
· What I find most interesting is that we knew Wilmington really was a great place to live and that we have done the right things to secure our future yet it took a visit from Glenn Beck and thousands of others to make us realize it. Kind of like not seeing the forest for the trees.
Has own House of Prayer in Texas. Was inspired by Wilmington to model her House of Prayer to be more like theirs.
When I saw the Wilmington special it was a neat thing. The Lord put the same desire in my heart. About a year ago I had a vision of a prayer place in McKinney, TX – I envisioned the pastors of all different denominations coming to one place to pray. I started The Prayer Place in a space next to my office. I knew immediately once I heard Robyn mention the Chronicle 7:14 – that is the verse that The Lord gave me. I thought Robyn was speaking to me! My gosh- we have to go to Wilmington, OH.
We knew we had to go because it was something we had to learn to bring back to McKinney, TX.
It was 17 hour drive (with my husband & daughter- age 8). It was an amazing trip.
The stayed at the General Denver Hotel. Everyone who was staying at the hotel saw it on Glenn Beck. We met people from all different places. We talked about our hope for America. It was awesome.
We learned a lot about the town. I’d never been to Ohio. We bought things at the stores. The owner of the bookstore said she was amazed that people were still coming 2 weeks after Glenn’s show. Her husband offered to show us the Murphy Theatre for a tour.
The most amazing thing was the visit to the House of Prayer. That was the #1 reason we went there. We wanted to do something different than our annual ski trip this year. We need to give. We have to give back. That’s why we went there. I wanted to meet with Robyn. We met in person.
We all held hands in the House of Prayer (with strangers) we all held hands & went around the circle and prayed from our heart- for everything in our heart that the Lord was telling us to pray for.
He & his Christian Fraternity brothers drove 12 hours to visit Wilmington after being inspired by show
A friend of mine and I were watching Glenn’s show on Dec 15th – the Wilmington special.
We were touched by it. We’re believers. We said – we should go to Wilmington. We personally I feel prayer brings people together. We wanted to see what God was doing there in Wilmington.
My friends and I are part of a Christian Fraternity at the University of Kansas (I am a founder of the Christian fraternity called BYX (Beta Upsilon Chi: Brothers Under Chris). I just graduated in Dec.
We drove 12 hours to Wilmington. I was in touch with Robyn at the House of Prayer
That night I was worried about money, but I told my friend I don’t think I’ll be paying for food.
Robyn found us a host family. And others help pay for all our food, gas and laundry.
We served at the House of Prayer & Sugartree Ministries. We ate at Generations Pizza
We spoke to another group who started their own house of prayer outside Wilmington
We served the Night watch at the Wilmington House of Prayer 9pm – 3am
After leaving Wilmington, we are completely encouraged. I am much more confident & inspired to get more work done with our Christian fraternity. To see what the Lord can do. We were blown away by the simplicity, love and hospitality by the people of Wilmington.
All the people we met wanted us to come out to Wilmington again.
We’ll encourage anyone in our fraternity to follow. We’d like to make a road trip to serve in Wilmington an annual event for our Fraternity.