Greg Palkot describes his attack
GREG PALKOT, FOX NEWS
· Fox News Channel foreign correspondent Greg Palkot <http://www.mediabistro.com/Greg-Palkot-profile.html> and FNC producer Olaf Wiig <http://www.mediabistro.com/Olaf-Wiig-profile.html> have been hospitalized <http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/fox-news-team-severely-beaten-hospitalized-in-cairo/> in Cairo, Egypt after being attacked by protesters. Palkot was beaten badly and Wiig may have a broken jaw.
· This isn’t the first time Wiig has seen trouble on the job. In 2006 <http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fncers-kidnapped-in-gaza-we-are-very-anxiously-still-awaiting-word_b11019> , Wiig was held hostage by gunmen on the Gaza Strip.
· John Roberts <http://www.mediabistro.com/John-Roberts-profile.html> reported from London today on the attack on the Fox team:
They were forced to leave their position when a Molotov cocktail was thrown at it, a large fire erupted. They were forced to flee. They ran out and ran right into the pro Mubarak crowd and were severely beaten and had to be taken to the hospital, spent the night in the hospital. The extent of their injuries was fairly grave, however, they have been released from the hospital.
CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, ABC
· Amanpour claims, "An angry mob surrounded us and chased us into the car shouting that they hate America. They kicked in the car doors and broke our windshield as we drove away."
ANDERSON COOPER, CNN
· Got roughed up by thugs in pro-mubarak crowd..punched and kicked repeatedly. Had to escape. Safe now
· Situation on ground in #egypt <http://twitter.com/search?q=%23egypt> very tense. Vehicle I was in attacked. My window smashed. All ok.
about 21 hours ago <> via ÜberTwitter <http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php>
KATIE COURIC, CBS
video of Katie Couric being swarmed by protesters during her report
· Outside square Pro mubarak protestors very hostile...wouldn't let us shoot video, pushing etc another photog just got punched and maced 9:17 AM Feb 2nd <> via OpenBeak <http://orangatame.com/products/openbeak/>
· Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone! It is pretty scary and unruly out there, but we're being very cautious. #Egypt <http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Egypt>
LARA LOGAN, CBS
· “When our crew went out to film beauty shots early this morning with no idea the situation was now different, they were confronted by soldiers and plainclothes agents ... intimidated and bullied and in fact marched at gunpoint through the streets all the way back to our hotel," Logan said. "It was a very frightening experience, one that was repeated throughout the day for us."
ISLAMIC SOCIALISM- GOOGLE TREND
Quarantine the Kochs
Egyptian Revolutionary Socialist member Hossam el-Hamalawy <http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2011/02/socialists-on-ground-view-of-events-in.html> speaking at the British Socialist Workers Party run Marxism 2008
· If Egypt falls, the entire middle east is going to fall. We have the biggest working class in the region with a long and militant history of industrial struggle. And we are very optimistic about the developments in the future
· You have at least 2 generations now of revolutionary socialists in Egypt who’ve been mentored in the IS (sic) strategy and tactic school. And we hope in the near future we’re going to witness the revolution. And that would be and that would be at least, let’s say the favor returning to you. The favor that you gave us one day (laughter)