Cairo Protest Organizers Describe Ruses Used to Gain Foothold Against Police; the Candy-Store Meet That Wasn't on Facebook
1. Obama Faces a Stark Choice on Mubarak
2. 'Beware friendly US,' Ahmadinejad warns Egyptians
3. Andrea Mitchell on the Muslim Brotherhood
Is multiculturalism wrong?
SARKOZY ON FRENCH TV
FEB 10, 2011
“We have been too concerned about the identity of the person who was arriving and not enough about the identity of the country that was receiving him.”
“My answer is clearly yes, it is a failure."
FEB 5, 2011
"Under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we've encouraged different cultures to live separate lives apart from each other and apart from the mainstream.. we failed to provide a vision of society to which they feel they want to belong. we've even tolerated these segregated communicating in ways that run completely counter to our values..
OCT 16, 2010
“We are a country which at the beginning of the 1960s actually brought guest workers to Germany now they live with us and we lied to ourselves for a while saying that they won't stay and that they will disappear one day that is not the reality this multicultural approach saying that we live side by side and that we are happy about each other--this approach has failed. Utterly failed.”
9TH MOST INFLUENTIAL MULSIM
ONE OF THE INTELLECTUAL LEADERS OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD
CHAIRMAN (IN ABSENTIA) OF THE SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN BASED ISLAMIC AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
Sheik Dr. Yusuf Al Qaradawi
He is chairman<http://www.adl.org/main_Arab_World/al_Qaradawi_report_20041110.htm?Multi_page_sections=sHeading_4> of the IslamOnline website, which has published numerous articles and religious rulings which were anti-Semitic, anti-Israel, and supportive of violence against non-Muslims. He also chairman<http://www.investigativeproject.org/profile/167> (in absentia) of the board of trustees at the Michigan-based Islamic American University<http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6264> (IAU), a subsidiary of the Muslim American Society<http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6263> . And he ispresident<http://www.adl.org/main_Arab_World/al_Qaradawi_report_20041110.htm?Multi_page_sections=sHeading_4> of the Union of Good, a Saudi-based umbrella organization which represents Islamic fundraising groups worldwide, and which has transferred tens of millions of dollars directly to Hamas<http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6204> over the years.
Qaradawi is chairman (in absentia) of the Michigan-based Islamic American University (IAU), a subsidiary of MAS, according to information on the MAS Web site. He is also listed by the IAU as a faculty member.
The IAU vice-chairman, Jamal Badawi, and IAU's founder, Salah Sultan, are members of Qaradawi's International Association of Muslim Scholars and the European Council for Fatwa and Research. Both Badawi and Sultan attended a conference in July 2007 honoring Qaradawi and his support for suicide bombing in Israel.
Prior to being banned from the U.S. in 1999, Qaradawi reportedly spoke to several Muslim organizations around the country. For example, Qaradawi spoke at the now-defunct Muslim Arab Youth Association (MAYA) conference in Toledo, Ohio, in 1995, where he stated, "If everyone who defends his land and dies defending his sacred symbols is considered a terrorist, then I wish to be at the forefront of the terrorists. And I pray to Allah if that is terrorism, then O Allah make me live as a terrorist, die as a terrorist, and be raised up with the terrorists."
Despite the ban, Qaradawi's message still reaches the American public via satellite television and the Internet, in particular IslamOnline, a Web site published in both Arabic and English. The site contains articles and religious rulings which support violence against non-Muslims, as well as anti-Semitic, anti-Israel and anti-American content.
Is there division amongst conservatives?
CPAC Civil War: Ron Paul Supporters Scream “War Criminal” At Dick Cheney
- Things should have been nice and chummy at CPAC an hour ago. Dick Cheneystrolled on stage to cheers and the inspirational tune of Tina Turner’s “Simply the Best” and got began to present the “Defender Of The Constitution” award toDonald Rumsfeld. However, as the chants of “USA! USA!” died down, a voice screaming “War criminal!” could be heard. And then, as Cheney continued to talk up his former colleague, a shouting match began between supporters of Ron Paul and the rest of the convention hall.
- The Paul supporters eventually walked out in the middle of Rumsfeld’s speech as way of protest. Talking Points Memo managed to nab a quote from one of them<http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/paul-supporters-hijack-cheney-rumsfeld-reunion.php> :
- “‘Uh, Defender of the Constitution?’ Justin Bradfield of Maryland scoffed when I caught up with him after he walked out of Rumsfeld’s speech. ‘Let’s see: he expanded the Defense Department more than pretty much any other defense secretary and he enforced the Patriot Act.’ ‘[Speaking] as a libertarian, that’s not really the type of person who should be getting Defender of the Constitution,’ he added.”
RICK SANTORUM VS. SARAH PALIN
SOT: SANTORUM ON PALIN
S.E. – What about Sarah Palin turning down the keynote. What do you think happened there?
Santorum – I don’t know. I have a feeling she has some demands on her time (chuckles).
S.E. – Right…
Santorum – And a lot of them have financial benefit attached to them. So I’m sure she’s doing what’s best for her and her family.
- According to Politico <http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49124.html> , Santorum’s response was a direct shot at the former Alaska governor:
Rick Santorum knocked Sarah Palin’s decision to skip CPAC, saying on Tuesday that she must have “business opportunities” that are keeping her from the annual conservative conference that is a showcase for potential presidential contenders.
- “I have a feeling that she has some demands on her time, and a lot of them have financial benefit attached to them,” Santorum told conservative commentator S.E. Cupp, who hosts an online radio show on Glenn Beck’s website.
- Video of exchange between the two conservatives shows the conversation was about as mean-spirited as a Cupid conference. The Right Scoop describes it like this <http://www.therightscoop.com/politico-unfairly-portrays-santorums-comments-on-sarah-palin-and-cpac> :
Sounds like to me he wasn’t ‘knocking’ her at all, but suggesting that her missing CPAC was justifiable since she’s so busy and has a large family. If anything it was just an off the cuff answer. I didn’t detect any ill-will, but of course I wasn’t looking for it like [author] Andy Barr.
RAND PAUL VS. DONALD TRUMP
- After America’s most famous businessman, Donald Trump, took to the CPAC stage Thursday and declared <http://www.theblaze.com/stories/trump-at-cpac-ron-paul-has-zero-chance-of-winning-presidency/> Rep. Ron Paul potential 2012 presidential campaign DOA, the Texas Republican’s son, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, fired back.
- In an interview with CNN, the younger Paul stood up for his dad and said Trump will regret taking a swipe at his old man. “I think it was probably a mistake for him to say in that crowd,” Paul joked, noting that the CPAC crowd often boasts a large Ron Paul base of supporters.
- When asked by CNN about Trump’s chances of winning in 2012, Sen. Paul said<http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/10/rand-paul-on-donald-trump-his-chances-are-less-than-my-fathers/> he considered making a joke about that topic during his own CPAC remarks, but decided to take the high road. When pressed, Paul smiled and said that Trump’s “chances are less than my father’s.”
OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE
Since taking office, Obama has mentioned his birth certificate on 3 different occasions
- Sept. 29, 2010 – Richmond, VA
So what happens is, you know, these cable shows and these talk-show hosts and -- they figure -- a lot of them have figured out, "The more controversial I can be -- if I'm going out there and I'm calling Obama this name or that name, or saying he wasn't born in this country or -- that will get me attention.
- Aug. 10, 2010 – NBC News to Brian Williams
Pres. OBAMA: Well, look, Brian. I would say that I can't spend all my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead, right?
- May 1, 2010 – WH Correspondents dinner
And there are few things in life that are harder to find and more important to keep than love -- well, love and a birth certificate. (Laughter.)
Since Obama took office, Gibbs has mentioned/addressed his birth certificate on 9 different occasions – including as recent as last month!
GIBBS BIRTHERS SOT MONTAGE
- (7/27/09) If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those that don't believe he was born here. But I have news for them and for all of us: The President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state of the greatest country on the face of the earth. He's a citizen.
- (4/21/10) I got to tell you, I don’t -- we don’t spend a lot of time here worrying about what to do about people that don’t think the President was born here. I don’t -- again, I’m the guy who said “put the birth certificate on the Internet.”
- (1/24/11) I think rational people have come to the conclusion, many of them years ago, that the President is -- was born in Hawaii and is a citizen of the United States of America.