I just read a post of mine earlier where I spoke of what I was teaching in Church today. It is Romans 12.
It was the comment section that really took my breath away.
Man, don't people get tired of doing their job and the Almighty's job as well?
I read somewhere it was up to Him to judge.
After seeing the pettiness, hatred and quite frankly religious stupidity, I don't want to be called a Christian. I am a disciple of the man named Jesus who died to save me and rose to free me.
This is why people are leaving our churches. It is why young people don't want to go. It is all about labels and nothing about living it.
I taught Romans 12 today. It is the best chapter in the Bible. If I could only have one chapter it might be this. It teaches us how to be, dare I say it, Christian.
It has nothing to do with pointing the finger at others, or checking doctrine at the door of the exclusive Christian club.
It has everything to do with relationships and how to live.
1. Surrender to him totally.
2. Distance yourself from the ways of the world.
3. Make a sober assessment of who YOU are.
4. Serve others with love.
5. Call on the supernatural to help you love those who despise you.
1. Only God knows if I have surrendered to Him. I could tell you anything or even live a totally false life in public. ONLY GOD KNOWS.
2. Disconnect from the worlds ways. AMEN. It is all lies and evil.
3. Only God knows if I have done this, but unless and until we all do we cannot truly be who were are meant to be. HIS CHILDREN WITH ALL THE RIGHTS, powers and privileges that go along with it. More importantly - all the responsibilities that go with it.
4. I try, but have a long way to go.
5. Boy do I need supernatural power to aid me in this. Especially while online. But it is what I long for and who I want to be. A man who can truly love those who despise him.
All of the great men of God have been despised by the church goers and leaders of the time.
From Jesus, Bonhoeffer to Whitfield.
Pretty good company.
Church goers not liking me? I think maybe we should wear that as a badge of honor.