I never thought I would say this but the MSM should take Phil Donahue's advice: Listen to the people who are angry and voted for President Trump.
Phil Donahue believes the press should pay more attention to "angry" Trump voters, but also to those who didn't bother voting. "Apathy is killing us," Donahue said, urging more on-the-ground, outside-of-DC reporting. "You're going to get more truth the lower you go."
I agree, if no one listens to you or anyone who feels unheard and squeezed at both ends, things will never get better. I need to listen as well.
Wednesday on Radio, I Will Take Your Calls
I want to know how your life has been going over the last 10-plus years:
• What are the stresses in your life, where do you feel the downward pressure?
• When was the last time you had a raise, what is happening with your health insurance?
• What is your number one concern? Is there anything you have faith in anymore?
• How has your life changed, your school, relationships, neighborhood and church?
• How can I help make your life easier?
• What can TheBlaze do?
• What can we help you understand? (you should know we are trying to figure it out too).
• There are those in media and journalism that care and actually believe in you and that there is eternal truth. How can they help you?
• What can people do to restore your faith in reporting? The system, your neighbors? Is it too late?
• Are we in the early stages of wide spread civil unrest or war?
• Do you want to stop it? Are you willing to do what those who followed Ghandi, Lincoln, Bonhoeffer, Jesus and King did? Stand fast in the truth but never punch back? Or is it too late?
• Have you lost friends or family? Would you like to make up or is it good riddance?
• Are you tired of the division and name calling? Could you live as we once did, together, with respect for differences? (I am asking about you- not what others will or will not do).
• It feels good to win and to pinch back. We all get a hit of dopamine when we do or see someone else punch. Especially when we feel it was deserved or way over due. Can we break this "addiction"?
• Do you want to?
• If you could tell the media or "the other side" one thing, that you really feel if they could understand things might change, what would it be?
I would love to hear from you on the phone Wednesday, beginning at 9AM EST. Call me at 888.727.2325. I am not looking for political discussions, I want to know about you, your feelings and life.
You can also post a reply message on Facebook. If you feel you need to vent at me, Trump or Hillary, I do understand, but unless it is constructive could you post elsewhere for the time being? Many of us really do want to help and move the whole country forward.
If you are a listener and/or truly want to make a positive difference please let me and the rest of the country hear your voice.
I have always said that "this audience will be remembered as the one that backed us up from the cliff and saved the republic." I still believe that, in fact stronger than ever before. "Blessed be the peacemaker," but it is a choice.
The world is descending into hatred and madness. There is not truth nor anyone or anything to believe in. Have you made your choice yet? Is there anything that could change your mind?