How to win the argument de jour with logic and facts
Global Warming Part II: We're melting
(See also: Glenn's magnum opus: "An Inconvenient Book")
What the liberal whiners say:
1. ‘Scientific consensus...everyone now knows we're experiencing catastrophic climate change...except the "flat-earthers"'
2. 'Just keep denying it, and we'll keep get hotter temperatures, our crops will burn up, all our water will evaporate and the boiling oceans will cause stronger, more frequent hurricanes'
3. 'What's the harm in believing in global warming? The worst that can happen is, we'll have a cleaner planet'
Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments:
1. If by consensus you mean-there's totally NOT a consensus, you're exactly right. The list of scientists who've signed a petition stating their opposition to the ‘consensus’ is now 31,000 strong and growing...9000 of whom are PHD's. You can visit the site at www.oism.org/pproject
2. Well, it's interesting then, that in the last 10 years, the temperature has remained steady, and in fact last year, declined. It almost seems like that 2 million degree burning ORB in the sky called...um, THE SUN...had something to do with the temperature on this planet!?!?! During the warmer '90's, solar flares were at their peak...over the past decade, solar activity has returned to normal. Let's talk about crops for a minute. Don't they grow BETTER in warmth? It seems to me there's not a lot of food growing in Antarctica. During the "Medieval Optimum Period" a time of unusual warmth in the Northern Hemisphere from 800-1300 AD, people prospered, because there was more FOOD. As for the "boiling oceans", scientists place 3500 temperature probes in the oceans to monitor just how hot the water is getting. Guess what they found? NO warming at all...in fact, they discovered slight cooling.
3. There's no harm...IF you would enjoy going back to a time when men lived in mudd-huts, beat their clothes on rocks to get them clean, and travelled 10 miles in just a day and a half on a donkey...a time when rats spread diseases like the bubonic plague through the European Continent faster than Glenn spreads his lips over a jelly donut. In short, what's being proposed by the hard core global warming freaks is an end to life as we know it. They would RADICALLY change our civilization and tax us (Al Gore's figure is $3 trillion in taxes to start, plus cap and trade carbon taxes) into a Great Depression. The only ones who would prosper in the new "climate change" reality are the three we mentioned yesterday-Al Gore, Richard Branson, T. Boone Pickens...and...Glenn...who's sitting on enough gold to stay waist deep in jelly donuts into the next millennium.