How to win the argument de jour with logic and facts
Name calling and "negative attacks"
What the liberal whiners say:
1. 'You conservatives have no decency! The name calling HAS GOT to stop. Calling Barack Obama names like "Marxist" is beneath contempt!'
2. 'Why do you have to label people at all, what's your obsession with labels?'
3. 'I'll tell you this, all of these negative attacks are just going to drive people away from John McCain, and right into voting for Barack Obama!'
Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments
1. Let's review "name calling" for a moment, may we? If I'm not mistaken, name calling involves an insulting remark such as, "hey stupid!"...or..."you're a stinking moron!"...or perhaps something like..."my, you are the butt-ugliest troll I've ever laid eyes on."
But a Marxist is someone who adheres to the political philosophy and practice that was developed by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. If you call someone a "democrat", have you "called them a name?" No, you've said that they adhere to a certain philosophy or ideology. With Obama's constant refrain of "the richest Americans" not paying their fair share, and his purported support for the "working class", coupled with his quote we shared here a few days ago from the WSJ: "Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers," he said, and a strong government hand is needed to assure that wealth is distributed more equitably"...it's hard to reach any other conclusion about him. Marxism is a theoretical-practical framework based on the analysis of "the conflicts between the powerful and the subjugated." Sounds like Obama's entire platform to me. Besides, whatever happened to, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me?"
2. Well, when I'm buying a can of soup, I appreciate it when the label on the can tells me that it's Chicken Soup, because I don't really don't like Split-Pea Soup. The label helps me make a good decision. Shopping for a President is even more important to me than shopping for soup. How about you?
3. That should please you then, so why is it instead, making you so angry? It would also make them "stinking morons" for voting for a big-eared, Marxist troll. Sorry, I couldn't resist a little name calling.