How to win the argument de jour with logic and facts
What the liberal whiners say:
'I am so sick and tired of hearing about John McCain and his war record...enough already!'
'Besides, he was an admiral's son, he probably didn't leave because they gave him special treatment'
'Well let's join the 21st Century, shall we? The guy is so out of touch, he doesn't even know how many homes he owns, and he said the middle class was anyone making under FIVE MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR'
'Yeah well, he said he doesn't mind being in Iraq for 100 years...the guy's a typical right wing war-monger!'
'And how about that Barbie doll trophy wife of his, who wants HER as a first lady'
Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments
1. I know! So the guy spent five and a half years in a North Vietnamese prison, when they offered to send him home after the first two and he refused so that he could stay with his men...get over it! I mean, Barack Obama quit a big corporate law firm to become a "community organizer" for a little while...that's much more impressive, isn't it?
2. They sure did. He broke both arms and one of this legs ejecting from his fighter jet, and was even more badly injured when he landed in a lake in the middle of Hanoi. A crowd of North Vietnamese citizens found him, pulled him out of the water, and administered a very special beating to him as a tribute to his status. The Vietnamese guards continued to torture and beat him, as well as starve him and not allow him proper medical care during the next several years to prolong the wonderful celebration...to the point where his arm and leg have never fully recovered from the injuries he received. It truly was very special for him...I'm sure he enjoyed his time there immensely.
3. No he didn't. That was a flat out Obama lie from his convention speech last week. He was asked to define what "rich" was. He jokingly said, 'well, if you make $5 million a year...and then laughed about it. He never defined anything under that as middle class.
4. There's another democrat distortion of the truth. What McCain has actually said...over and over is...he plans to WIN the war quickly, and if the combat is over, it wouldn't be big deal to have troops there for a long time...like we have had in Germany and Japan for over 60 years, and South Korea for over 50. I never hear any liberals complain about our troops there?
5. Yeah, a "Barbie doll" wife who's tried to relieve hunger and suffering on visits to Rwanda, Vietnam, Indonesia, spent 5 WEEKS camped out with out troops in Kuwait during the first Gulf War, and when she went to Bangladesh, she brought back home a baby to the U.S. to receive cleft palate surgery, fell in love with the baby, and she and John adopted her. Where has Michelle Obama been? What has she done? Other than whine about her college loans to attend Columbia and Harvard, I mean?