Glenn Beck: Now More Than Ever, We Need the Constitution





Watch Glenn Beck weekdays at 5p & 2a ET on Fox News Channel

Those racist cops were at it again. In New York, after the failed car bombing they were just randomly frisking people down with no rhyme or reason, patrolling for "different looking" people when — miraculously — they were able to apprehend the bomber, 30-year-old Faisal Shahzad, just before he left for Dubai.

It's weird: It's almost like our police know what they are doing and do a good job. Good thing they didn't listen to Mayor Bloomberg's hot tip on the bomber:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NEW YORK MAYOR MICHAEL BLOOMBERG: Homegrown, maybe a mentally deranged person or somebody with a political agenda that doesn't like the health care bill or something. It could be anything.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Wow, that's some good detective work, Mayor. "Could be anything" — could be a deranged Tea Party-goer who is against Obamacare. Elementary, Mr. Mayor! You should be our next attorney general.

No, this was the New York cops, the FBI and everyone else involved, doing their job the way it's supposed to be done. This was the system working. And it also makes the case to make sure that people come to America the right way: through the front door — not illegally. Because this whack-job actually came to America through the front door; he is a naturalized citizen, a Pakistani-American. How do you think we knew who he was? Because he came here legally. We knew his name. We had his fingerprints. We knew where he lived. We had a picture of him.

You and I both know that crazies are everywhere, both citizens and non citizens alike. When you first heard that someone had parked a car loaded with explosives near an area where people are enjoying time with their families with their children, you knew that was the mark of an even bigger monster than just a run-of-the-mill nut-job. I mean, who intentionally bombs children?

I was doing an interview on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday morning when and Kilmeade goes all Jack Bauer on me — I swear he's got nipple clips in his pocket. And we were talking about what to do with this monster. The easy thing to say is: Let's call in Jack Bauer (or Brian Kilmeade) and hook him up to some lamps!

Now there are many times that I'm perfectly OK with leaving a terrorist alone in a room for a while for some quality one-on-one time with Bauer. Like the underpants bomber — he's not a citizen, he's a terrorist. If someone happens to have a wet towel and a glass of water next to him, I have no problem with that.

However, this dirt-bag Times Square suspect is a citizen. And as a citizen of this country he's entitled to rights that foreign combatants are not entitled to. Some people are probably screaming at their TVs right now. Here's what I say to those people: Now is when your values count.

Sure, it's easy to follow the Constitution when you benefit from it. But what happens when it goes against what you want to do? When you want to strap this guy to the rack, but don't because it violates the Constitution. That is what makes America different. This is not the time to shred the Constitution. The Constitution is tough when it gets in the way. But that's the time when it makes a difference.

Before our country was a country, there was the Boston Massacre. Two years after the British sent royal troops to help enforce the heavy tax burden, the tension finally culminated in a protest that ended with five colonists being shot and killed by British soldiers. The American government wanted a fair trial, but they couldn't find anyone willing to defend the accused Brits, until John Adams agreed to do it.

If Gallup was polling in 1770, John Adams probably would have had the largest and quickest approval drop in history. But Adams did it not because it was easy or because he sympathized with the plight of British soldiers. He did it because it was right. He defended them on principle — the principle of equal justice.

If social justice would have been applied, the Americans would have won in court because they were oppressed by the man. Adams was unpopular in the short term, but when the emotions of the incident subsided, within mere months, people began siding with Adams and his stand on principle.

Principles matter. Character matters.

Character is like a muscle: If you don't use it, it becomes weak. We haven't been working on our character muscle. Safety nets, coddling, bailouts, political correctness, everyone gets a trophy, purple pens — our national character is limp.

Do you remember what was going on around 2000? The dotcom bubble had just burst; pets.com and forks.net apparently weren't really worth $3 billion. Who knew? Our economy was relatively weak and then we were hit on 9/11.

America in its history has conquered these problems before, but never all at once. Every sector will be attacked in every single way, because we've got enemies on the outside and in who want America either taken down a notch in the world, fundamentally transformed or completely destroyed.

This isn't a theory I made up. I don't know if you've heard of part of Special Ops called CAG — the guys that don't overthrow regimes, they just nudge. You think we are the only ones that would do that? You think the revolutionaries in Colombia haven't sent anyone up here? You think Hugo Chavez hasn't thought of that?

But in order to raise the chance of success, the target country must be on the verge of collapse. Does America meet that requirement?

How strong is America?

> The Economy: Unemployment is at 9.7 percent; our national debt is approaching $13 trillion; our unfunded liabilities are approaching $108 trillion; 65 banks have closed this year — 140 last year

Add to that

> Out-of-control government: They're trying to spend us out of the recession; the deficit this year is $1.5 trillion; the federal government continues to grow while the private sector retracts: 40 percent of the federal government is hiring, expanding, bringing in more people, while the engine of America — the private sector — only 28 percent are hiring and expanding. Government now controls 96.5 percent of all home loans

> Crime Inc.: ACORN, SEIU, radical Marxists and progressives in power and transforming the structure of our country; we're living in the Boss Tweed era — an era in which Al Capone controls politics. If you don't pay the man, you aren't getting anything

> Civil unrest: The Tea Parties are the least of the problems here. What about the G-20 anarchists?

> Military stretched thin in Afghanistan and Iraq. Is there a coherent plan? We've a president who brushes off Fort Hood. He's calling our cops stupid or racist, depending on the day

> The oil spill: No one would try to take advantage of that crisis, would they?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GOV. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, R-CALIF.: Before you make a decision like that, you are convinced that this will be safe. But then again, you know, you see that, you turn on television and you see this enormous disaster, you say to yourself, why would we want to take that risk? And you know, so the risk is much greater than the money's worth, so will figure out how to deal with the extra $100-million problem.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

You have all of these stresses on the country — it's a lot bigger than the dotcom bubble.

If you are one of the many who want nothing more than America knocked down a peg, fundamentally transformed or completely destroyed, I'd say now is looking like a pretty good time to send in the operatives.

Why do I tell you this? Because this is the challenge that everyone after 9/11 begged for. After 9/11 folks asked what did the president know and when did he know it? Well, what do you know now and when did you figure it out?

People said you couldn't make people stand in line for security without "the event." Really? I would argue that you could get people to stand in line; all you had to do was explain it and make the case to the American people.

We were asleep before 9/11, we had no clue what was coming. So of course we wouldn't have just accepted extra security for no reason. But if you explained that the same folks who attacked the World Trade Center in 1993 were trying to attack us again, would we have had the same outcome? We'll never know; we never made the case.

America, I'm making the case now: There are enemies within and without.

— Watch Glenn Beck weekdays at 5p & 2a ET on Fox News Channel

Hunter's Biden's latest BIZARRE scandal reveals how red-flag laws REALLY work

Photo by Demetrius Freeman/The Washington Post via Getty Images

Even if red-flag laws weren't unconstitutional (which they are), they've never been about your safety. They're about your submission, argued Glenn Beck on the radio program. Think of it this way: If red flag laws became the law of the land, do you think President Joe Biden’s son Hunter would lose his guns or face charges for violating the gun laws we already have?

You may have heard that he once "lost" a gun in a dumpster by a school. But there's a whole lot more to the bizarre tale. Newly revealed texts from Hunter's abandoned laptop detail the strange drama that unfolded when Hallie Biden, Hunter's sister-in-law-turned-lover, threw his handgun into a dumpster near a Delaware school in October 2018. The gun was found and turned in to police, but like so many of the Biden family scandals, the chaos created a sandstorm that conveniently helped cover Hunter's tracks. Only tidbits of information have emerged, the most significant of which is that the gun in question was purchased by Hunter illegally and, of course, no charges were filed as a result.

Glenn broke down the details of the most recently revealed Hunter Biden scandal, noting in particular that no charges or arrests were ever made as a result.

"If you voted for Joe Biden and you believe in all of these red-flag laws, then why isn't Hunter Biden in jail today?" Glenn asked.

"You and I both know that the ramifications of Hunter Biden's activities and his tragic saga go well beyond Hunter Biden, because they are teaching people a lesson. We are moving towards a society that has a ruling class that lives above their own edicts. They tell us they know better. They tell us that our neighbors and even some of us are dangerous, while ignoring the dangers in their own lives or in their own families ... We saw it during COVID-19 and we will see it again with gun regulations, 'The rules are for thee and not for me.' This is why Americans cannot give an inch, not one inch of our liberty away on the grounds of the government's good faith. They have no good faith left. They have violated every single principle of liberty and they've done it in a name of they know better," he said.

"Don't be fooled," Glenn added. "Just as we saw during COVID-19, just as we saw with the Patriot Act that is now being horribly abused by the people in power that swore they'd never abuse it, red-flags are not about your safety. Period. They are about your submission."

Watch the video clip below to catch the conversation. Can't watch? Download the podcast here.

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis, and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

Thanks to a recent report from the Federalist, we now know of an ‘insidious’ White House plan to significantly alter commercial sales of ammunition. Not only would this plot skyrocket the price of ammunition for everyday consumers, but it could create a national security risk by limiting one factory’s ability to produce for the military under war-time demand as well.

Larry Keane, from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, joined "The Glenn Beck Program" to detail this White House move, and he explained how he knows the government is lying about it, too.

Watch the video clip below to catch the conversation. Can't watch? Download the podcast here.

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis, and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

2021 was a turning point for public education in America. Remote learning revealed to parents what public schools were force-feeding their kids — everything from critical race theory to the existence of infinite genders — while performance in subjects like math and reading fell across the board.

Now, school boards and teachers' unions are facing a tidal wave of parents who want to take the reins back. But school wasn’t always like this. Glenn Beck takes us back to a time before the Department of Education and asks the question: “Are our schools getting better or worse?”

American Federation for Children senior fellow Corey DeAngelis joins to expose who’s actually benefitting from our public school system — and it’s not our kids. And former Secretary of Education under President Trump Betsy DeVos explains why it’s time to abolish the department she once headed, what stopped her from doing so, and how parents can make a big difference.

Watch the full episode of "Glenn TV" below:


Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.

The Associated Press has issued a dire warning for abortion providers ahead of the Supreme Court's decision on Roe v. Wade.

According to an article titled "'Heightened alert’: Abortion providers brace for ruling," abortion clinics nationwide are expecting an increase in "protests, harassment, and other violence ... in states where abortion remains legal" if Roe v. Wade is overturned — as a draft opinion leaked in May suggested is likely to happen.

"On the night of last winter’s arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court in a case that could end the nationwide right to abortion, people gathered outside a clinic in New Jersey with lawn chairs, a cooler and a flaming torch — a sight that brought to mind lynchings and other horrors of the country’s racist past," the AP article began.

The article did go on to cite two incidents of extreme anti-abortion violence — "the 1993 killing of Dr. David Gunn outside a Florida abortion clinic [and] the 2015 fatal shooting of three people inside a Colorado Planned Parenthood." But there was almost no mention of the ongoing attacks on pregnancy crisis centers by pro-choice activists, including the violent group that calls itself "Jane’s Revenge."

On the radio program, Glenn Beck noted that the closest the current administration has come to calling out Jane’s Revenge was when the Department of Homeland Security published a terror advisory warning of crime on both sides of the Roe v. Wade debate earlier this month. But when was the last time you heard about violent attacks on pro-life centers in the corporate media? There have been several instances of violence by pro-choice proponents, and the Biden administration remains silent.

Watch the video below to hear more from Glenn Beck. Can't watch? Download the podcast here.

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis, and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.