FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2008
MILEY CYRUS TO HEADLINE 2008 STADIUM OF FIRE ON JULY 4th
This year’s Stadium of Fire will be headlined by the 15 year-old superstar Miley Cyrus, star of Disney Channel’s TV show Hannah Montana. Miley most recently performed at Reliant Stadium on March 9th to an audience of 72,000 and her next stop is Stadium of Fire. This past weekend the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards honored Miley with the “Best Female Actress” and “Best Female Singer” awards.
“We are thrilled that Miley would accept our invitation to headline this year’s show and to perform some of her own hits “ said Brad Pelo, Senior Executive Producer of Stadium of Fire. “After exploring the possibility for two years now we feel fortunate that at a time when she is literally at the top of her game, she would agree to come and be a part of our Independence Day celebration.”
Also appearing at this year’s show will be the world-renowned Blue Man Group, best known for their wildly popular theatrical shows and concerts which combine music, comedy and multimedia theatrics to produce a totally unique form of entertainment. Currently, Blue Man Group performs nightly at The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, as well as around the world in New York, Boston, Chicago, Berlin, Oberhausen, Orlando, Tokyo, and Stuttgart. In addition, after an explosion of sell-out concerts throughout 2006 and 2007 of their popular How To Be A Megastar Arena Rock Concert Tour, Blue Man Group has been captured by Rhino Records on a combo DVD/CD, entitled HOW TO BE A MEGASTAR LIVE! which will be available beginning April 1, 2008.8.8.
Hosting the 2008 event will be talk radio and cable news personality Glenn Beck. As the host and star of a nationally syndicated radio talk show and his own tremendously successful cable news show, Beck is known for his quick wit, candid opinions and engaging personality. His radio show, The Glenn Beck Program, is heard on over 280 stations nationwide. Beck's self-titled topical talk show on Headline News debuted in May 2006, was the fastest-growing cable news show of the year, and continues to be one of the network's highest-rated programs.
Traditional elements of the show will continue and expand this year, including over one thousand Stadium of Fire dancers, a military flyover and of course the biggest and best stadium fireworks show in America.
“We are honored again, for the sixth year in a row, to be invited by the Pentagon to broadcast our celebration to US military men and women around the world,” said Pelo. “There’s a special spirit to our Independence Day celebration as we are connected via satellite with those who labor every day to preserve the freedoms we enjoy. It is an honor to share our celebration with them.” This year’s show will again be produced by the award-winning production team of Wayne Baruch and Chuck Gayton. “We couldn’t be happier to have Chuck and Wayne back. They’ve produced the show for the past three years and each year we are surprised by their creativity and the memorable moments they create for the show,” said Pelo.
The annual Stadium of Fire event, now in its 28th year, will take place at LaVell Edwards Stadium on the BYU campus in Provo, Utah, July 4th 2008. The show will begin at 8:00 PM.
Tickets for Stadium of Fire will go on sale this Friday, April 4th at 5:00 PM and will be sold simultaneously online at www.byutickets.com and at the BYU Marriott Center ticket office in Provo. Because it is anticipated that there will be a heavy demand for tickets, the Marriott Center ticket office will retain a block of seating in each price category for sale to onsite ticket purchasers and will remain open on Friday evening until the block has been sold or all onsite ticket purchasers have been served. Box office and online purchasers will be limited to 25 tickets per transaction.
Stadium of Fire is presented by America’s Freedom Foundation, a nonprofit, non-partisan organization supporting educational programs and events that promote freedom and democracy. This year’s Stadium of Fire sponsors include KUTV 2, Clear Channel Radio Group, Utah Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau, Daily Herald, Provo City and Zions Bank.
More information is available at www.stadiumoffire.com or by calling 801-818-1776.
TICKET BUYER NOTICE: Miley Cyrus is currently not scheduled to appear in concert at any other venue prior to the Stadium of Fire. Miley’s performance last month at the 72,000 seat Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas was sold out in a matter of minutes. Organizers expect a quick sellout and want to remind prior ticket purchasers that this is not the year to procrastinate their ticket purchases. Please see attached Box office ticketing procedures.
STADIUM OF FIRE BOX OFFICE SALES POLICY
- Wristbands will be available for pick up Tuesday April 1st 10:00 AM at the Marriott Center ticket office.
- Receiving a wristband does NOT guarantee tickets, only a place in line if you are at the Marriott Center on April 4th at 4:30 PM (MST).
- There is a limit of one wristband per person. Patrons must be at least 16 years old to receive a wristband.
- Wristbands are NOT transferable.
- At 4:00 PM (MST) Friday, April 4th the ticket office will announce the beginning number and the line will form consecutively following that number. For Example: With wristbands 1-1000 being issued and the random starting number is 550, the individual wearing wristband number 550 will be helped first, followed by 551 through 1000. Wristband number 1 would then be served following number 1000 and continue with numbers 2-549. This will be the order in which the customer may line up to purchase tickets.
- The line will begin at the North East corner of the Marriott Center and wrap south around the venue. Customers must remain in line until it is their turn in line. Customers found leaving the line will be sent to the end of the line. Anyone arriving later than 4:30 PM (MST) will have to go to the end of the line.
- Ticket limit is 25 tickets for each customer with a wristband.
- The ticket office reserves the right to refuse ticket sales to anyone that does not abide by this policy.