2009 The Glenn Beck Program
Glenn Beck’s Weekly Caption Contest
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Glenn Beck’s Weekly Caption Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 6:00:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 2, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59pm ET on December 4, 2009 (the “Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. There will be four (4) weekly entry periods (excluding the week of November 23, 2009) as set forth below (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”):
November 2, 2009
November 5, 2009
November 6, 2009
November 9, 2009
November 12, 2009
November 13, 2009
November 16, 2009
November 19, 2009
November 20, 2009
November 30, 2009
December 3, 2009
December 4, 2009
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Individuals who have won a prize from the Radio Show (as defined below) within thirty (30) days prior to the start date of this Contest are not eligible.
Employees of Mercury Radio Arts, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Premiere Radio Networks, Inc., and The Glenn Beck Program (the “Radio Show”) (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), each radio station contracted to broadcast the Radio Show, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, agents and advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- HOW TO ENTER: Submit your entry by visiting www.glennbeck.com during the Promotion Period and follow the Contest link to review the submission guidelines and complete all required information in the online form, including a brief caption in twenty (20) words or less that completes the bubble for the online picture of the week.
Entries limited to one (1) entry per person per week. Winners will be drawn from online entries only. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries that contain vulgar or defamatory language will be disqualified. The Contest Entities will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, (1) YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL, (2) THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE ENTRY SUBMITTED AND (3) BY SUBMITTING THE CAPTION IN THIS CONTEST, YOU HEREBY GRANT THE CONTEST ENTITIES A PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE, NON-EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE, SUB-LICENSABLE (THROUGH MULTIPLE TIERS) RIGHT AND LICENSE TO USE, PUBLISH, REPRODUCE, DISPLAY, PERFORM, ADAPT, MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, HAVE DISTRIBUTED AND PROMOTE SUCH CONTENT IN ANY FORM, IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER CREATED, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, FOR ANY PURPOSE.
- JUDGING/WINNER SELECTION DETAILS: On or about each Friday beginning November 6, 2009 and ending December 4, 2009 (excluding November 27, 2009) a panel of Radio Show judges will select one (1) entry (each, a “Weekly Winner”) from all correct, eligible entries received by 11:59:59pm ET the preceding day, based on the following criteria: Originality (50%), Creativity (30%), and Entertainment Value (20%) (the “Weekly Judging”). In the event of a tie during the judging selection, an additional, qualified, "tie-breaking" judge shall determine a winner from such tied entries using the criteria herein. Judges' decisions on all matters relating to this Contest shall be final and binding. The Weekly Winner may be displayed online for approximately one (1) week on or about each Monday beginning the week of November 9, 2009 and ending the week of December 7, 2009. Participants and winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- PRIZE(S): FOUR (4) WEEKLY PRIZES; One (1) autographed copy of Glenn Beck’s book “Arguing with Idiots” (Approximate Retail Value: $29.99 each). The total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is $119.96. Any and all fees and expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of this prize for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
- RELEASE FORMS: When applicable, each Weekly Winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email within five (5) days after each Weekly Judging and will be given five (5) days to confirm receipt if notified by email. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the entry form, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion. Each winner (or a parent/legal guardian if a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign a waiver within fourteen (14) days of notification via mail or email. Failure to return an executed waiver within that time may result in forfeiture of prize and selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. Winners will be subject to a verification process, to include winner’s name, address, email address, and home phone number. The Contest Entities are not liable if email is not responded to within the time allowed or prize notification letter is lost in the mail or returned as undeliverable when delivery is attempted by regular mail or email.
- CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT: If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Contest Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Contest Entities are free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Contest Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the Contest Entities a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
- DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Contest Entities disclaim all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Contest Entities’ control, or otherwise. The Contest Entities disclaim all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or download an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. The Contest Entities disclaim all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Contest Entities are not to be responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due entries as well as for human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online participant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles will be accepted. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Contest is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- PUBLICITY; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating, where allowed by law, winner(s) and all Participants grant the Contest Entities exclusive permission to use their names, biographical information, characters, photographs, voices, video, and/or likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, Participants agree that the Contest Entities may disclose personal information obtained from Participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Contest Entities, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner(s) may be required to provide the Contest Entities with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from the Contest Entities will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Entities’ personnel and judges. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Contest Entities will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest, and the Contest Entities’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference, or any event beyond the control of the Contest Entities, the Contest Entities reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Contest Entities deem appropriate. All decisions made by the Contest Entities are final. The Contest Entities reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Contest should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, in which case prize will be awarded via a judging from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. All decisions will be made by the Contest Entities and are final. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST ENTITITES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- RELEASE: Participants release the Contest Entities, each radio station contracted to broadcast the Radio Show, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and advertising agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and the awarding and use of the prize, including without limitation liability for death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s release form to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes.
14. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than March 4, 2010 to Mercury Radio Arts, Inc., 1133 6th Ave., 34th Floor, New York, NY, 10036. Vermont residents only may omit return postage.
- JURISDICTION: These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Venue and jurisdiction for any claims associated in any way with these rules shall only be proper in the State of New York.
16. SPONSOR: Mercury Radio Arts, Inc, 1133 6th Ave., 34th Floor, New York, NY, 10036.