The Glenn Beck Program
The Glenn Beck Program’s Newsletter Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Glenn Beck Program’s Newsletter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 6:00:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 12, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59pm ET on July 23, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. PIR’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Individuals who have won a prize from the Radio Show within one hundred eighty (180) days prior to the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible.
Employees of Mercury Radio Arts, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Premiere Radio Networks, Inc., Presslaff Interactive Revenue (“PIR”), The Glenn Beck Program (the “Radio Show”), (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), each radio station contracted to broadcast the Radio Show, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, agents, and advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, submit your entry by visiting www.glennbeck.com and follow the Newsletter link to review the submission guidelines and sign up to receive the free email newsletter The Glenn Beck Newsletter by completing the online entry form, including entering your email address and home zip code. After completing the online entry form, new subscribers will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Existing subscribers will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes.
Entries limited to one (1) entry per participant. Multiple participants are not allowed to use the same email address. Any attempt by a participant to acquire more than one (1) entry by using numerous email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries per day will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sweepstakes winner(s) will be selected from online entries only. Where applicable, one (1) prize per household. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: A daily random drawing will be conducted by PIR on or about each weekday between July 20, 2010 and July 26, 2010 (excluding the dates of July 24 and 25, 2010) (the “Daily Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received by 11:59:59pm ET the preceding day during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received per Daily Drawing. Non-winning entries will be carried over into subsequent Daily Drawings. A Grand Prize random drawing will be conducted by PIR on or about July 26, 2010 (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winner(s) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE(S): ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A 64GB iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G (excludes 3G data plan) (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $829.00), a twelve (12) month subscription to GlennBeck.com’s Insider Extreme (ARV: $74.95), and one (1) autographed copy of Glenn Beck’s book The Overton Window (ARV: $30.00). FIVE (5) DAILY PRIZES: One (1) autographed copy of Glenn Beck’s book The Overton Window (ARV: $30.00). The total ARV of all prizes is $1,083.95. Any accessories, downloads, applications, software upgrades, monthly 3G data plan, and all fees and expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of each Daily winner and Grand Prize winner. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize for an alternate prize of equal or greater value. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
6. RELEASE FORM: Daily Drawing winner(s) will be notified by email within one (1) days of each Daily Drawing and will be given two (2) days to confirm receipt of notification. Grand Prize winners will be notified by email on or about July 26, 2010 and will be given five (5) days to confirm receipt of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of participants. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the online entry form, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion and if time permits. Each winner (or a parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release) (the “Affidavit”) within fourteen (14) days of notification. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within the time allowed may result in forfeiture of prize and random selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. A parent or legal guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor for the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. A prize won by a minor may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner(s) may be subject to a verification process, to include winner’s name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number. The Sweepstakes Entities are not liable if prize notification letter is lost in the mail or email is not responded to within the time allowed.
7. DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sponsor is not responsible for human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online participant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles will be accepted. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine winners in an equitable manner as determined by Sponsor.
8. PUBLICITY; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating, unless prohibited by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sweepstakes Entities permission to use their names, geographical data, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Sweepstakes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and waive any claims to compensation, royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Sweepstakes, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Sponsor may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
9. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner(s) are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with the prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Winner(s) must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before the prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of entering, participants (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the Sweepstakes Entities, each radio station contracted to broadcast the Radio Show, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes or the use of the participant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
12. MISCELLANEOUS: Winner(s) must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
13. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than October 18, 2010 to The Glenn Beck Program’s Newsletter Sweepstakes, 1270 Avenue of the Americas, 9th Fl. New York, NY, 10020. Vermont residents only may omit return postage.
14. JURISDICTION: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York County, New York.
15. SPONSOR: Mercury Radio Arts, Inc, 1270 Avenue of the Americas, 9th Fl. New York, NY, 10020.
This Sweepstakes is not affiliated, connected, associated with, or in any way sponsored by Apple Inc.