Glenn was in Cleveland last night, and while in Ohio he met some volunteers from The Ohio Project. The group's objective is to pass an amendment to their state constitution to put control of healthcare back in the hands of the people, but to do that they need YOUR signature on their petition.
From their petition:
The proposed amendment would provide that:
1. In Ohio, no law or rule shall compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer, or health care provider to participate in a health care system.
2. In Ohio, no law or rule shall prohibit the purchase or sale of health care or health insurance.
3. In Ohio, no law or rule shall impose a penalty or fine for the sale or purchase of health care or health insurance.
The proposed law would not
1. Affect laws or rules in effect as of March 19, 2010.
2. Affect which services a health care provider or hospital is required to perform or provide.
3. Affect terms and conditions of government employment.
4. Affect any laws calculated to deter fraud or punish wrongdoing in the health care industry.
If you don't live in Ohio but still want to support the group's efforts, you can still send people the website information so they can sign. You can also support the group through donations and volunteer efforts.
Check out the pictures of Glenn meeting with volunteers from the group below: