The left literally needs bullet-point lists to understand reality anymore. The media has been so dishonest in their reporting of the caravan that Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen came out with a point-by-point list dispelling a number of lies being circulated. Here are a few of her points:
1. This caravan has shown violent elements throughout its journey here. In Nielsen's words:
I refuse to believe that anyone honestly maintains that attacking law enforcement with rocks and projectiles is acceptable. It is shocking that I have to explain this, but officers can be seriously or fatally injured in such attacks. Self-defense isn't debatable for most law-abiding Americans.
2. The caravan is far larger and more organized than previous ones. There are 8,500 caravan members in Tijuana and Mexicali. There are reports of additional caravans on their way.
3. Most of the people in the caravan are not eligible for asylum.
4. Most of the caravan members are men, and, as we've seen, some of the women and children are being used as human shields.
5. It turns out that, yes, there are quite a few criminals mixed in with the caravan:
[A]t this point we have confirmed that there are over 600 convicted criminals traveling with the caravan flow. This includes individuals known to law enforcement for assault, battery, drug crimes, burglary, rape, child abuse and more. This is serious. Additionally, Mexico has already arrested 100 caravan members for criminal violations in Mexico.
6. Nonlethal force (also used by the Obama Administration in 2013) was necessary.
We will not shy away from protecting our people. I ask parents to avoid violent caravan groups and refrain from attempts to illegally enter our country – these acts will put your children in danger.
Nielsen went on to unequivocally thank President Trump for his unwavering stance on the border despite dishonest media coverage meant to sway public opinion.
Maybe President Trump should wear an Obama mask for the next month or so, maybe that would defuse the situation, because nothing else seems to be working.