A horrifying internal memo obtained by a local Tampa television affiliate details an incident some pilots believe may have been a “dry-run” for terrorists plotting another 9/11-style attack.

Get Glenn Live! On TheBlaze TV

“Can we talk about the air marshals,” Glenn asked on radio this morning. “There’s a story that again is being just reportedly local news. Nobody is reporting this in the national news. You can find this on TheBlaze. The pilots’ unions are saying there’s another ‘dry-run.’”

TheBlaze reports:

The memo obtained by WTSP-TV, which originated at the union that represents pilots for US Airways, reportedly states that “there have been several cases recently throughout the (airline) industry of what appear to be probes, or dry-runs, to test our procedures and reaction to an in flight threat.”

A Sept. 2 flight from Washington, D.C. to Orlando International is the most recent “dry-run” that the pilots are aware of. According to crewmembers, four “Middle Eastern” men caused a disturbance shortly after take off.

Witnesses say one of the men got up form his seat and ran toward the flight deck door. He then made an unexpected left turn and entered the bathroom for a “considerable length of time.”

Meanwhile, the other three men were reportedly seen roaming the cabin, changing seats and opening overhead bins to make a “scene” and possibly with the intention of distracting flight attendants.

Watch the WTSP-TV news report below:

You may or may not remember that a similar situation occurred back in August 2001 – in the lead up to the September 11, 2011 terrorist attacks.

“This happened in August of 2001, and the actor, James Woods, was on the plane with Mohamed Atta, and he’s watching this. And he’s like, ‘This is a dry run.’ And so he calls over the stewardess, and the stewardess goes and gets the pilot and he said, ‘You’ve got a dry run going on, on your plane right now.’ They told the FBI, and the FBI said, ‘Oh, nothing to worry about,’” Glenn explained. “That was a dry run. And James Woods, the actor, was the one who spotted it. Now it’s happening again.”

The TSA told WTSP-TV that the incident did indeed happen but that it doesn’t require any additional investigation, and the Federal Air Marshal is not happy with that response.

“They’re flat-out liars,” a Federal Air Marshal said of the TSA’s stance.

One marshal, who was put under voice disguise to maintain his privacy, said that when it comes to another 9/11-style attack, it’s no longer a matter of if but when.

“We’re waiting for the next 9/11 to happen, because it’s not a question of if. It’s a question of when,” he said.

“And so you know, the last time that these runs [happened], we only found out afterwards,” Glenn said. “The last time these runs we spotted, it was within a month that we had 9/11… The country is in disarray.”

Front page image courtesy of the AP