With all that is going on in the world today, Glenn decided this morning would be a good time to run through the nine principles and 12 values at the core of the 9/12 Project. As the Tea Party has evolved from an anti-taxation movement to a political machine and Washington D.C. has become more and more corrupt, Glenn reiterated the vital importance of holding fast to values and principles.
“We have let go of our principles and our values. We don’t even know what they are anymore. And our civilization is on the brink because our culture is out of whack because we don’t have principles and values,” Glenn said. “And that was the 9/12 Project – the nine principles and the twelve values. What are they? Tea Party, you want to know who you are? You want to know if you stand with me, and if I stand with you, and if you should stand with each other, ask yourself: Do I agree with these nine principles and twelve values?”
The nine principles:
1. America Is Good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. God
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
“Those are your nine principles,” Glenn said. “What are the values? Do we have these values anymore?”
The 12 values:
9. Hard Work
11. Personal Responsibility
“Nine principles, 12 values. I don’t want to hear about your politics anymore. I really don’t,” Glenn concluded. “Because politics will divide us, principles and values bring us together.”