Not one to defend anything that comes out of the Obama White House, Glenn started the radio program this morning coming to the President’s defense – kind of.
With all of the progressive policies the President has put forth these last three years, it is hard to believe that many leftists and progressives continue to express dismay with the President’s job performance. After all, Obama has done things no progressive president ever has – passed government healthcare and so much more.
So what’s the problem?
“I honestly don't understand what the left wants from this President. Let me play devil's advocate, and I may mean that literally, and argue for the President here for a second,” Glenn said.
“If you are a Marxist, if you are a revolutionary, if you're a communist, really, if you're an anarchist, if you're an extreme leftist, if you're somebody who doesn't like the system as it is on the left, what more could this President do for you,” he asked.
Once you begin to run through the list of everything Barak Obama has ‘accomplished’ in his first term, it’s difficult to find anything that would be construed as a ‘failure’ by the left.
Just a quick look at President Obama’s first three years reveals he has:
- Passed universal health care
- Ended the war on terror
- Pacified the labor unions
- Lead the largest financial reform in U.S. history
- Created the Credit Protection Agency
- Changed foreign constitutions in support abortion
- Given NATO a leading role over the United States
- Appointed literal socialists, literal communists, literal revolutionaries to high office
- Supported anarchists, communists, and revolutionaries by supporting Occupy Wall Street
- Made it near criminal to have a differing point of view
- Put in place more regulations than could ever be undone
- Allowed the Department of Justice to stop a bid to halt illegal voting
- Controlled what food we can and cannot eat through his wife’s anti-obesity initiatives
- Given the Environmental Protection Agency the ability to regulate carbon emissions
- Doubled the amount of people on food stamps in three and half years
- Enacted a stimulus policy, which blindly threw billions of dollars at green energy companies among other things
Oh and one more minor achievement: this President has overseen the fundamental transformation of the United States America.
“I'd like to hear from you on what did we miss because we sat around this morning and we went through this list. And I'll bet you we missed over half of what this President has done,” Glenn said. “It's overwhelming what this President has done. He has overseen the fundamental transformation of the United States of America. He's literally rewriting history in real time.”
This list just scratches the surface, and yet the left is still not satisfied with the President’s job. Ironically, it would seem their unhappiness stems from the same place conservatives’ does – President Obama has not been truthful.
“I know you know the guy's a Marxist, period. He's not a communist. He's a Marxist. He wants to fundamentally transform the United States of America. He is more Hugo Chavez than George Washington,” Glenn said.
“We all know that. And we know he knows that, and we know he's telling us lies, but I contend so does the left,” he continued. “The left looks at him and they're seeing him – they’re seeing him cozying up with Wall Street and they're saying, ‘Wait a minute. Why are you cozying up with Wall Street? What happened to you?’”
“They know he's lying, and they're angry he won't come out and admit it because there's nothing to be ashamed of. We're all socialists now. We're all Marxist now. Why can't you be the President of the France? He won on the Marxist platform. He came out and admitted it. Why don't you admit you've been hanging out with the Democratic Socialists of America? We've got all the evidence. We've seen you at their conferences. Why won't you admit it? They don't like it.”
Had the President been open with his ideology and accomplished all of these things with his intentions clearly stated, the left would be proud to call him their leader, but that has not been the case with this administration.
“They think he's a liar, just like we think he's a liar,” Glenn concluded. “He's in trouble. He's in trouble because our side, we don't like him. We think he's a liar. We vote him out of office. Communists, revolutionaries, and anarchists, they think you're a liar, you betray the revolution, it usually doesn't end well. The President is in trouble.”
“They don't trust him. The same problem that the left has with the President of the United States is the problem we have. It's the same problem. Nobody trusts him because you don't really know who he is.”