In news that is sure to irk many on the left, it was revealed late Sunday night that Glenn and Premiere Radio Networks had signed a new deal that would keep Glenn on the air for another five years!
Brian Stelter with the New York Times reported:
Glenn Beck, who departed Fox News last year and started his own Internet television network, is sticking with his radio network partner.
His company, Mercury Radio Arts, will announce on Monday that it has renewed its contract with Premiere Networks, keeping “The Glenn Beck Program” in syndication for five more years.
Mr. Beck’s show entered national syndication via Premiere, a unit of Clear Channel, 10 years ago. Now carried by more than 400 stations, the show typically ranks No. 3 among all news-talk radio shows, behind Rush Limbaughand Sean Hannity, so the contract extension brings a measure of stability to local stations that carry it.
Both partners issued statements detailing their excitement over the new contract:
“There are a handful of superstar talents, and Glenn Beck is truly one of those,” said Julie Talbott, a president at Premiere, in a telephone interview.
Mr. Beck said in a statement about Premiere, “Over the past 10 years, they have proven to be a true partner in every sense of the word.” His last radio deal, in 2007, was valued at $10 million a year. Premiere and Mercury Radio Arts declined to comment on the value of the new one, but a person with direct knowledge of the deal said it would pay Mr. Beck $100 million over the course of the contract.
Look for more details on this exciting news tomorrow!