Jonah Goldberg, fresh off an earlier appearance on radio, joined Glenn during his primetime show for an incredibly entertaining and informative interview. Goldberg is the author of The Tyranny of Cliches, a book that tackles myths presented by the progressives every chance the get. Check out this can't miss interview in the clip above!
Amazon's description of Goldberg's book reads, "Today, 'objective' journalists, academics and “moderate” politicians peddle some of the most radical arguments by hiding them in homespun aphorisms. Barack Obama casts himself as a disciple of reason and sticks to one refrain above all others: he’s a pragmatist, opposed to the ideology and dogma of the right, solely concerned with 'what works.'"
Here are just a few countless clichés Goldberg dismantles in his book:
- One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter: Sure, if the other man is an idiot. Was Martin Luther King Jr. a terrorist? Was Bin Laden a freedom fighter?
- Violence never solves anything: Really? It solved our problems with the British empire and ended slavery.
- Better ten guilty men go free than one innocent man suffer: So you won’t mind if those ten guilty men move next door to you?
- Diversity is strength: Cool.The NBA should have a quota for midgets and one-legged point guards!
- We need complete separation of church and state: In other words all expressions of faith should be barred from politics …except when they support liberal programs.