With a major hurricane preparing to hammer the Northeast later today, people are realizing the importance of preparedness. If you've been following Glenn for a while, you're probably in better shape than most of your neighbors. But what can you do to prepare? Ok, Glenn has given a lot of ways over the past few months, but one thing he encourages his employees to do is have a 72 hour "Go Bag" so they can pick up and move in the event of an emergency. So, we decided to let you know what Glenn's security team recommends to put in a "Go Bag".
72hr Go-Bag Packing List
• 6 MRE's (stripped down) • 3 1-liter bottles of water • Personal medical kit • Leather man multi-tool
• 1 large tarp • 1 large emergency blanket • Fire-starter sticks • Flashlight with extra batteries • 100mph tape (heavy-duty duct tape) • 500 ft parachute cord (550 chord) • Windbreaker w/ hood • Lighter & lighter fluid (zippo) • Metal cup • Baby wipes • Ranger handbook • Whistle • Notepad, pencil, pens, markers
• Change of clothes (climate/terrain/mission dependent) • Sleep roll • 1 pack bungee cords • Signal mirror
• 2 large ziplock bags of nuts • Family pack of chewing gum • Tactical ziplock bags (5)
• GPS/maps/atlas • Mobile phone • Hat/gloves/sunglasses • Sunblock • Bug repellent
Luxury Items: • Portable heating stove
• Sat Phone • Burner phones (multiple) • Personal tent • Hand-crank/battery/solar-powered radio • Extra food/water • Instant coffee / hot chocolate • iPod & ear buds • Reading material • Two-way radios with surv kit
They also recommend having a small hatchet for emergencies.
Obviously, not all of those are applicable. Is everyone going to make sure to have an iPod in there? But if you need them...