Several full blown scandals have bombarded the Obama administration in the past few weeks alone, building on an already impressive list of past scandals. So much has happened recently that one might easily forget about Operation Fast & Furious, the dozens of spectacular green ‘investment’ failures like Solyndra, or even garden variety intimidation like Vice President Biden forcing a veteran ABC news reporter into a storage closet for more than an hour.
It’s basically a full-time job to keep track of all the corruption in this administration, and since we know you are far too busy to pick up a second job chronicling Obama’s lies & abuses, we will attempt to do it for you this week on GlennBeck.com. Day 1 (The NSA)
Day 2: IRS intimidation, targeting
It’s been tradition for past United States Presidents to respect those with whom they disagree politically by acknowledging dissenters and celebrating their right to speak out. But this President has taken a different approach – he’s using the Chicago way to deal with opposition. Instead of celebrating America’s right to free speech, he’s going after anyone who disagrees with him and he’s doing so with the full weight and force of the federal bureaucratic army. Instead of simply making his case against Tea Party arguments, faced with a wave of opposition, the Obama administration instead tried to silence them using the IRS as their primary weapon.
Here’s a timeline with all the key dates and information you need to know (to date) on the IRS targeting scandal. Bookmark this page and share it because the MSM is already moving on:
- May 10, 2013: IRS admits to targeting conservative groups with ‘Tea Party’ and ‘912 Project’ during 2012 election, apologizes.
- IRS apologized on its own, MSM never pressed the issue
- No immediate disciplinary action
- Lois Lerner says she’s ‘not good at math’
- Blames low level staffers in Cincinnati
- May 11, 2013: IRS officials were aware of targeting as far back as early 2011.
- May 11, 2013: Glenn rips IRS, MSM, shows TheBlaze reports on targeting beginning in February 2012
- May 12, 2013: IRS also targeted pro-Israel group.
- May 13, 2013: In 2009, Obama ‘jokes’ about targeting political opponents.
- May 13, 2013: Obama blames ‘small number’ of employees who ‘may have’ acted inappropriately.
- May 13, 2013: CBS reports Lerner aware of targeting in June 2011.
- May 14, 2013: Local news reporter targeted by IRS after tough Obama interview.
- May 17, 2013: Dr. James Dobson says IRS targeted him, too.
- May 17, 2013: NYT reports Obama administration knew of IRS targeting at least 5 months earlier, despite Obama claiming he found out by watching the news.
- May 22, 2013: Lerner pleads the fifth, confusion erupts.
- May 28, 2013: Targeting didn’t originate out of Cincinnati but from Lerner herself.
- May 30, 2013: Former IRS chief visited White House 157 times, claims he went for things like the ‘Easter Egg roll.'
- June 9, 2013: Dem Rep. says IRS case is ‘solved.'
- June 11, 2013: Lerner still has access to IRS system, even though she is on administrative leave.
- June 13, 2013: FBI director can’t answer basic questions on IRS investigation at House hearing.
- June 14, 2013: Report claims top IRS official finally fired, has ‘dropped off edge of the world.'
- June 21, 2013: IRS aide visited White House more than 300 times.
- June 24, 2013: New IRS chief says targeting was broader and lasted longer than previously thought.
- June 25, 2013: Left cheers end of scandal but attempts to say progressive groups were also targeted.
- June 26, 2013: Another IRS official pleads the fifth.
- June 27, 2013: IRS inspector General confirms - targeting was not broad, conservatives were singled out while progressive were not.
- July 3, 2013: House Oversight Committee says Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights, could be forced to testify.
- July 3, 2013: Lerner wants immunity.
- July 8, 2013: IRS ‘accidentally’ publishes tens of thousands of social security numbers online.
- July 9, 2013: IRS pays 200 employees to work full time for labor union.
Be sure to check back for a comprehensive roundup of the DOJ targeting of journalists.