As the Egyptian government attempts to disband supporters of ousted president Mohamed Morsi, a wave of devastating violence has swept through the country. The AP has reported that 638 people have been confirmed killed and nearly 4,000 are injured. It's now being uncovered that much of this violence is being committed against Christians and their institutions.
This morning on radio, Glenn gave his listeners a rundown of the institutions that have been attacked and what is happening to the Christian Egyptians as their nation unwinds into chaos — something the mainstream media has been deafeningly silent on.
The President gave a statement on the issue on Thursday, in which he stated:
“The United States strongly condemns the steps that have been taken by Egypt’s interim government and security forces,” Obama said. “We deplore violence against citizens.”
Unfortunately, it's not simply the "interim government" that is engaging in serious violence. It's his so-called "nonviolent" pals that he helped initially win office, the Muslim Brotherhood.
The supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood have reportedly called for a 'day of rage' (non-violent, of course), yet the president and many in Congress are still considering sending aide to the country.
"I would just like you to keep these churches in your prayers because the front page of TheBlaze has a picture of one of these churches in Egypt that has been burned down," Glenn said. "So just keep these people and these churches in your prayers. In Egypt these are the churches that have just been burned down by the Muslim Brotherhood. The Father Maximus churches, the St. George Church, the Good Shepherd's Monastery where the nuns were attacked and burned. The Angel Michael Church and the St. George Coptic Orthodox church have been burned."
Sadly that's just a small portion of the churches that have come under attack or been destroyed.
"It's really sad — awful," Pat responded after hearing a portion of the list.
- Father Maximus Church
- St George Church | Burned | Source
- Good Shepherds Monastery | Nuns attacked
- Angel Michael Church | Surrounded
- St George Coptic Orthodox Church | Photo, Photo, Photo, YouTube
- Al-Eslah Church| Burned | Source
- Adventist Church | Pastor and his wife kidnapped | Photo
- St Therese Church | Photo
- Apostles Church | Burning | Source
- Holy Revival Church | Burning | Source
- Qusiya Diocese | MCN
- The Nuns School | Photo
- St George Church | al-Wasta
- St Fatima Basilica | Heliopolis | Attempted Attack
- Virgin Mary’s Church | Hakim Village | Burned |Photo
Fayoum (Five churches)
- St Mary Church | El Nazlah | Gallery
- St Damiana Church | Robbed and burned
- Amir Tawadros (St Theodore) Church |EgyNews (Arabic), Twitter
- Evangelical Church | al-Zorby Village | Looting and destruction
- Church of Joseph | Burned | Source
- Franciscan School | Burned | Source
- Diocese of St Paul | Burned | Source
- Father Antonios
- Atfeeh Bishopric
Minya (Around twelve churches)
- Church of the Virgin Mary and Father Abram | Delga, Deir Mawas | Source
- St Mina Church | Abu Hilal Kebly, Beni Hilal | Source, photo
- Baptist Church | Beni Mazar | Source
- Monastery | Deir Mawas | Ahram (Arabic)
- Delga Church | Attacked (Previously attacked with fire)
- The Jesuit Fathers Church | Abu Hilal district
- St Mark Church | Abu Hilal district
- St Joseph Nunnery | Photo, photo
- Amir Tadros Church | Photo, photo, photo, album, photo, photo
- Evangelical Church | Photo
- Anba Moussa al-Aswad Church | Photo
- Apostles Church | Source
- St Mary’s Church | Attempted Burning
- St George Church |Photo album, photo, photo, video, source, source, video
- St Damiana | Attacked and burned | Source
- Virgin Mary | Attacked and burned | Source
- St Mark Church & Community Center
- Anba Abram Church | Destroyed and burned | Source
- St Saviours Anglican Church | Source
- Franciscan Church and School | Street 23 | Burned |Photo, photo, source/photos, photos
- Holy Shepherd Monastery and Hospital | Photo
- Good Shepherd Church (molotov cocktail thrown)- Relationship with Holy Shepherd Monastery unknown.
- Greek Orthodox Church | Photo, Photo
- House of Father Angelos (Pastor of Church of the Virgin Mary and Father Abram) | Delga, Minya | Burned | CBN News, Ahram (Arabic)
- Properties and Markets of Copts | al-Gomhorreya Street, Assiut
- Seventeen Coptic homes | Delga, Minya | Burned | Source, Source
- YMCA | Minya| Burned | Photo
- Coptic Homes | Qulta Street, Assiut | Attacked
- Offices of the Evangelical Foundation & Oum al-Nour | Minya
- Coptic-owned shops, pharmacy, and hotels | Karnak and Cleopatra Streets, Luxor | Attacked and Looted
- Dahabeya Nile Boat | Minya| Church-owned | Source,Photo, Photo
- Bible Society bookshop | Cairo | Burned | Photo
- Bible Society | Fayoum | Photo
- Bible Society | al-Gomohoreya Street, Assiut | Photo, Photo
- Ezbet el Nekhl | Source, source, source (Arabic)
The most shocking part of this story, aside from the horrific violence, obviously, is that in a country where 70% of the population labels themselves Christian, a country with much of it's foundation rooted in Christianity, no major mainstream media outlets are providing major coverage of what is happening in Egypt. Most Americans and American churches are not informed on what is happening to their Christian brothers and sisters in Egypt.
"This should give you some idea that we have Kristallnacht, the night of broken glass happening," Glenn referenced. "The Kristallnacht, in case you don't know, the night of broken glass, was in Germany. As they started to blame everything on the Germans, what they did was they burned down the synagogues and then they attacked all of the Jewish businesses."
Much like Kristallnacht was blamed on the communists, the Christians are being blamed in Egypt. And Glenn believe's that Israel will soon be blamed as well.
"This is, by the way, the Muslim Brotherhood," Glenn continued. "The Muslim Brotherhood is the one doing this. Because they needed somebody to blame. They couldn't blame it on their fellow Muslims who threw the — Morsi out. So they had to blame it on somebody. So they are blaming it on the Christians. The next target will be the Jews, but this is what's happening to the Christians. And we're sending $2 billion a year to them, and our government is playing footsie with the Muslim Brotherhood, and this is what they've — this is what they're doing right now. Right now."
Glenn went on to state that it is time to cut off support and aide to Egypt.
"We're only making things much, much wose," he said. "We are arming and emboldening those people burning down churches, killing Christians, kidnapping and raping Christians girls. 12‑year‑old girls are being taken from their Christian homes at night and raped and married off so they become Muslim. Wake up. And call those, call those absolute excuses for human beings in congress and the Senate and the White House that are turning a blind eye, call them what they are. Despicable. Those media outlets that are not reporting what's really happening on the ground in Egypt and those politicians like Lindsey Graham who say, "I had no idea it was so bad," you're despicable. And you're dismissed."
"Support those people who are telling you the truth and support those people who are standing for the truth," Glenn continued. "The rest of them, dismiss them and pay no attention to them."