Glenn’s latest book, Miracles and Massacres: True and Untold Stories of the Making of America, came out yesterday and is already climbing up the bestseller list. On radio this morning, Glenn talked about a remarkable trend that has several conservative authors in the top 10 of Amazon’s bestseller list.
“I want to show you out of the top 10 books that are for sale right now, how many of them are conservative history books or written by a conservative,” Glenn said.
As of the publishing of this article, if you look at the general bestseller list across all genres on Amazon, Charles Krauthammer, Rush Limbaugh, Brian Kilmeade, Bill O’Reilly, and Glenn all fall in the top 10.
- Diary of a Whimpy Kid: Hard Luck, Book 8; Jeff Kinney
- Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes, and Politics; Charles Krauthammer
- Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans; Rush Limbaugh
- George Washington’s Secret Six: The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution; Brian Kilmeade
- Killing Jesus; Bill O’Reilly
- The Book Thief; Markus Zusak
- Miracles and Massacres: True and Untold Stories of the Making of America; Glenn Beck
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holydays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations; Ree Drummond
- The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism, Doris Kearns Goodwi
- Saying Strong: 365 Days a Year; Demi Lavato
“That's five of the top ten,” Glenn said. “I just want to point this out because I think this is really good news. This shows what America is consuming… Think of this. Nobody in the mainstream media is doing American history… Nobody is producing this stuff on television. You're not seeing the movies being made. Look at the appetite for real American history. Look at the appetite for conservative views.”
So what does this mean?
“What is this telling me? This tells me that the market is wide open; that conservatives now are dominating the book world. And that's got to be driving people crazy,” Glenn said. “Here's the really good news. Technology is now allowing people from any walk of life – left, right, doesn't matter – to be able to publish their own books. You'll be able to get it in front of people, and you don't need the big publishing houses anymore. So their reign is over. And even in their reign, the liberal bias is over.”