Conservative congressman reacts to being confronted by ‘Dreamers’ during campaign event

From President Obama to Congress, Washington D.C. is currently enjoying summer recess, but that hasn’t stopped the political debate surrounding hot button issues like immigration from raging on. Earlier this month, during a campaign event for his reelection effort, two so-called ‘Dreamers’ confronted conservative Congressman Steve King (R-IA) over his position on immigration.

Below is a video of the incident, which was captured by Matt Hildreth of the pro-immigration reform group America's Voice:

According to The Hill, the two individuals in the video are Erika Andiola and Cesar Vargas. Both Andiola and Vargas were brought the United States as children and do not have permanent legal status.

On radio this morning, King joined Glenn to discuss the incident and the state of the immigration debate.

As King explained, he noticed the video camera Andiola and Vargas had in tow almost immediately, and he didn’t want to give them the sound bite they desired.

“At about the second sentence, I realized that there's a camera there that was brought in… They were setting up a video. And so I didn't want to give [them] that video,” King explained. “I didn't want to give [them] two or three or four sentences and have [them] walk away and have them say that I was speechless, for example. So I began to question her in the middle of that, and… she wouldn't respond at all what I said to her or the questions I asked her.”

At this point, we have heard President Obama threaten to act unilaterally on immigration reform. King was adamant he is doing everything in his power to ensure that does not happen.

“Holding this president back for the duration of his term so that he doesn't create a constitutional crisis with an executive edict that simply blows the immigration law out of the federal statute and violates the Constitution is going to be a difficult task,” King said. “We cannot unilaterally disarm. We can't take the position that we're not going to stand up to the President with all the constitutional tools that we have. I, like others, are reluctant to even discuss some of them. But we cannot take that off table.”

With than in mind, if Obama is to attempt to change any part of immigration law in the next several weeks, King believes it would be wise to call a special session of Congress to combat the overreach.

“I want to uphold the Constitution… Here's a sequence of things I would suggest, if the President… went out and did a press conference and said, ‘It's my intention to wipe out large or maybe all components of immigration law,’ which he is threatening to do to the tune of five to six to maybe eight or nine million people or more,” King explained. “If he did that, then I would say, immediately, we should call a special session of Congress. Fly everybody back from their August break.”

Ultimately, King is optimistic about the House of Representative’s ability to thwart a presidential power grab because of what he has heard from his peers in recent weeks.

“We had a very intense debate inside our conference a week ago on Thursday, and it went on for two hours,” King said. “I heard people that you generally see on more to the left side of the Republican party step up and demand that we pass legislation that would amend the 2008 law, shut off the president's DACA language and the Morton memos. They're getting that from their constituents, or they would have been vocal about this before. “

“Let Democrats and Republicans debate this as long as they will stay there and bring about some solution to reign in this president,” he concluded. “That would help. Then it would focus the American people on the lawlessness that we have coming out of the White House today.”

Megyn Kelly pulled her sons out of the private elementary school they attended after she learned that the boys were asked "weekly" if they were still sure they were boys. But that's not all that this "experimental transgender education program" taught.

Megyn joined Glenn Beck on the radio program to tell the story, which she thought had ended when the school apologized, and to talk about what's next for America as our leaders refuse to promote actual psychological support for our kids and instead "parade" transgenderism as the solution to their problems.

"When [my son] was in third grade, I found out they unleashed a three-week experimental transgender education program on these boys, with really inappropriate videos. The kids were confused. These are 8- and 9-year-olds, Glenn. They have no idea what the school is even talking about with the trans thing. They got really in-depth, with really in-your-face videos — and then parents complained. And the school did something it hasn't done in its 400-year history, which was they apologized. Even they realized they had done wrong," Megyn explained.

"But, then I said to my son a year later, so did they ever round back to the trans thing? Like, whatever happened with it? And he said ... they bring it up every week. ... [They ask] how many people here still feel confident that they're a boy? Do you still feel sure you're a boy?" she continued. "This is not support. This is not nonbullying. This is indoctrination. And it's deeply confusing to the children, and wrong."

Megyn went on to give examples of how she's seen trans ideology turn "support, nonbullying, kindness, friendship, allyship, on its head."

"The absolute surrender of the medical community to this insanity is a scourge on this nation. It's disgusting what is happening with our doctors," she added. "There are people who are legitimately transgender, or who have gender dysphoria. And for those people, we should be supportive and they should get the care that they need. But what we've done instead, is taken everyone who expresses any kind of gender confusion and said, you're trans. You're trans. And we have our psychiatrists doing this."

"It's crazy," Megyn asserted. "The fact that we're doing this so willy-nilly in the name of allyship and support, it's abusive. It's criminal."

Watch the video clip below to catch more of the conversation:

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn's masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

"Never forget" is not only a tribute to those we've lost, it's a warning that it could happen AGAIN. On "Glenn TV" Wednesday, Glenn Beck looks back 20 years ago to the modern generation's Pearl Harbor moment. A day of infamy we're STILL feeling repercussions from.

But in remembering 9/11, we need to look toward the future because the Biden administration is setting us up for the NEXT 9/11. They bungled the Afghanistan withdrawal, and now we have video of top al Qaeda commanders — who served with Osama bin Laden — returning to the country. But could America survive another terror attack?

Glenn asks former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani, the leader who brought America back from the brink. He tells Glenn about the moment he learned the Twin Towers were struck, the actions he took to prevent more terrorism, and if he thinks NYC could survive another attack under Mayor de Blasio's leadership.

Glenn is also joined by Rev. Johnnie Moore, author of "The Next Jihad." He warns that Biden's policies in the Middle East are Obama 2.0, and "if you thought ISIS was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. We must keep our eyes on Iran."

Watch the full episode of "Glenn TV" below:


Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn's masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.

Glenn Beck and The Nazarene Fund have been working tirelessly to evacuate Americans and our allies from Afghanistan, thanks to the U.S. government's failure to do so. But it's been far from easy. A recent Newsweek article, titled "Taliban Holds Up Glenn Beck Group's Planes," addressed some of the most recent challenges. The article claimed that six planes — filled with Americans and SIVs ready for takeoff — were "grounded by the Taliban amid negotiations with the U.S. State Department." So, what's actually going on? Why is the State Department meddling in the rescue? And what are the next steps to get these Americans home?

Watch the video clip below to hear Glenn breaks down the whole story:

UPDATE: Leaked Email Shows State Department STILL Blocking Afghanistan Rescue Flights


Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn's masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.