On 9/12, you'll be able to see the third part of the Atlas Shrugged saga in theaters across the country. The classic story by author Ayn Rand has inspired entrepreneurs and Libertarians for decades. You can buy tickets here.
Watch the trailer for Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? below:
To celebrate Glenn's cameo in the film Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt?, GlennBeck.com has assembled nine of our favorite Ayn Rand quotes. We hope they will inspire you as much as they do us, and that you'll find the courage and strength to build something that the world has never seen.
1) "Morality is the judgement to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price."
2) “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
3) “An inventor is a man who asks ‘why’? Of the universe and lets nothing stand between the answer and his mind."
4) "A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort, or enslaves him, or attempts to limit the freedom of his mind, or compels him to act against his own rational judgment-a society that sets up a conflict between its edicts and the requirements of man’s nature—is not, strictly speaking, a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang-rule."
5) "Capitalism has been called a system of greed—yet it is the system that raised the standard of living of its poorest citizens to heights no collectivist system has ever begun to equal, and no tribal gang can conceive of."
6) "The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose."
7) "The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live."
8) "Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual)."
9) "A government is the most dangerous threat to man’s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims."