Martin Luther King, Jr. commitment card from 1963.
Amended to reflect the current times.
I hereby pledge myself—my person and body—to the nonviolent movement. Therefore I will keep the following Ten Commandments:
1. Meditate daily on the teachings and life of Jesus, the revolutionary.
2. Remember always that the non—violent movement seeks justice and reconciliation — not victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love, for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God in order that all men might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes in order that all men might be free.
6. Observe with both friend and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Seek to perform regular service for others and for the world.
8. Refrain from the violence of fist, tongue, or heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
10. Discipline yourselves to follow the spirit of the movement.
I sign this pledge, having seriously considered what I do and with the determination and will to persevere.
I can help the movement by: (Select the proper items)
Share the movement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media outlets, Share the Never Again is Now campaign with your pastor, friends and family, donate to help persecuted Christians and minorities in the Middle East.
Print a copy HERE