Paul Ryan went on record about Donald Trump Wednesday, saying they come from the same principles and there's no problem with Trump's positions.
"We wanted to make sure that you heard it in the right context," Glenn said.
What followed was audio of Trump's position statements interwoven with Ryan's affirmations about the so-called conservative candidate. It shows that Ryan's idea of conservatism is radically different from that of the voters --- and that Trump is not a true conservative.
What are some of Trump's beliefs and positions? Here's a sampling:
• Believes in raising taxes on the wealthy
• Loves government-funded universal healthcare
• Believes the economy does better under Democrats than Republicans
• Hates the concept of guns
• Believes Russia should fight ISIS in Syria, but would also "bomb the s**t out of them"
• Supports partial-birth abortion and is very pro-choice
• Believes he's never needed to ask God's forgiveness
• Thinks eminent domain is wonderful
• Believes Republicans are just too crazy right
• Identifies more as a Democrat
"When Paul Ryan says we have the same views and we're a big tent party and he's not worried about it. . . why would you be?" Glenn asked sarcastically.
Listen to this segment from The Glenn Beck Program:
Featured Image: Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI) speaks at Georgetown University April 27, 2016 in Washington, DC. Ryan held a town hall with members of the millennial generation as part of the Georgetown University Institute of Politics and Public Service. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)