Never get into a Twitter war with Jonah Goldberg. The tweetmaster joined The Glenn Beck Program on Thursday to offer his take on the future of the conservative movement. Glenn credits Goldberg with opening his eyes about progressivism and setting him on a discovery course about the disease in our political system. Goldberg is the author of Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change, an essential primer that explains fascism and the progressive movement.
"I don't want to talk about Trump. What I want to talk about is healing. How do we come together? What does the conservative movement look like in 70 days from now?" Glenn asked while introducing Goldberg and describing him as one of the great contemporary intellectuals on conservative thought.
Enjoy this complimentary clip from The Glenn Beck Program:
HIGHLIGHTS OF GLENN'S CONVERSATION WITH JONAH GOLDBERG
• Proof that the end times are here: There's some river in Russia that's turned red, and it looks like a river of blood. And then they made that lady Ghostbusters movie. --- Goldberg
• In response to Glenn saying people think we won't survive a Hillary Supreme Court: I do not trust Donald Trump for a moment not to use a Supreme Court appointment as a piece of leverage and a pawn with a Chuck Schumer to get some massive infrastructure. --- Goldberg
• On God's infinite sense of humor: In an election where we have the two most unpopular candidates in American political history, we've managed to have a system that's generated two candidates whose only chance of winning is because the other candidate is equally disliked by the American people. --- Goldberg
• On whether weasel Republicans will line up to stop Hillary from pushing through bad policy: She doesn't have the magic that Barack Obama has. --- Glenn
• An impotent Trump: I contend that these scandals would have taken her out if Marco Rubio was the opposing candidate. --- Glenn
• The truth that is Twitter: I think she's a one-term president, if she makes it through her first term. I mean, we all know that that cough is the Bubonic Plague or whatever. That's what I saw on Twitter. It must be true. --- Goldberg
• What's in a name: The heart and soul of the Democratic Party is the millennial base, which all love this socialism nonsense. And the heart and soul of the Republican Party right now are a bunch of nationalists. And, you know, maybe it's because my last name is Goldberg, but I tend to get a little nervous when nationalism and socialism are joining forces in politics. --- Goldberg
• Nationalists make both Goldbergs and Becks nervous: My last name is Beck, so there's a good chance that one of your relatives and one of my relatives didn't get along in the past. And nationalist and socialist make me really nervous as well. --- Glenn
• On doing your homework: Donald Trump hasn't done any homework. We saw it last night in that Commander-in-Chief Forum. He wings it. He makes it up. He literally doesn't know what he's talking about. And I think it's unpatriotic. --- Goldberg
• Who's going to win: If I had to bet my mortgage, I think it's Hillary. I mean, you can't just have one field office in Florida and call yourself a serious contender for the presidency. --- Goldberg
Listen to this segment from The Glenn Beck Program: