Binary Choices Lead to Walls, Condemnation and Destruction

The binary choice offers two options --- one good, one bad. Whatever side you agree with, you become an enemy of the other side. Take Black Lives Matter, for instance.

"Right now, we're being told there's a binary choice. The binary choice is, they're good or they're bad. That's it. They can't be anything else," Glenn said Thursday on his radio program.

So what do you do, when you've made the binary choice?

"You say, Well, I've got to build a wall against all those bad people, and I've got to condemn anybody who is for them, listens to them, wants to march with them, because they're all bad," Glenn said.

main-image-binary-choice Screen shot from The Glenn Beck Program, October 6, 2016.

And the other side does the same thing.

"So a binary choice leads to walls, condemnation, destruction and separation of two camps that only becomes balkanized. It only becomes the Palestinians and the Israelis --- and there is no coming back from that," Glenn said.

Read below or watch the clip for answers to these singular questions:

• Are the two political parties exactly alike now?

• How did Democrats convince 97% of a population to vote one way?

• What term did communists invent that is killing us now?

• Is a sit down or powwow after the election literal or metaphorical?

• Does Pat have herpes and will a cream help?

• Can we please get out of the binary box?

Below is a rush transcript of this segment, it might contain errors:

GLENN: Let me take you to this frustrating binary choice thing we're in right now.

I'm not even going to tell you the personalities involved because it doesn't matter because it's not about the personalities.

One personality yesterday said, "Hey, why won't Donald Trump do X?" And the other personality tweeted out immediately, "Well, you should be mad at Hillary Clinton. Why don't you -- you know, you must -- it's just because you're for Hillary Clinton."

STU: Clearly support Hillary Clinton.

PAT: Oh, good gosh.

GLENN: Right? Okay. So everything that you do is a binary choice.

STU: Uh-huh.

GLENN: You either do it --

STU: And we should also point out, a binary choice always defined by someone other than you. Everyone else gets to define what your binary choice is.

GLENN: Yes. Correct.

STU: Which is such a wonderful place to live. It's never our choice. It's never our responsibility to come up with our own decisions. Someone gets to define what the binary choice is, and we must abide by their decision.

GLENN: Right. And if you don't, they destroy you. That is the new binary choice.

PAT: Or at least they're trying.

GLENN: Yeah, well, here's the thing -- let's just put it this way. The two parties are now exactly alike, except constitutionalists are now the black population for the Democrats.

If you step out of line and you're a Democrat and you say, "No, I think that guy is bad. I think Hillary Clinton is not going to be good for us." I don't think Barack Obama -- what happens? You're an Uncle Tom, and they'll do everything they can to destroy you.

PAT: You're not even black.

GLENN: And we sit here -- we sit here, and we look at that and we say, "Black people, you got to -- wake up. Wake up." They're looking at us and saying, "Wake up? We have woken up. And every time we wake up and try to stand up, we're shoved down into the ground."

I contend Bill Cosby would have gotten away with everything that he did his whole life, had he not rocked the boat at the end and started talking about his own community and saying, "Hey, we've got to look at our own community." Basically, what is he saying? The same thing the Democrats don't want to say about the family. The same thing they don't want to say about Detroit. That the things that we've been doing and are being told to ignore are the problems.

So you can't have anybody think. You got to shout them down. That's what's happening with the Democrats, with the black community. And it works.

That's how you can get 97 percent of a population to vote one way. Shut them up. It worked for Saddam Hussein. It's been working for the Democrats for how long? Did Glenn Beck just call him?

So now we're doing it. Now, unless you go with the party, you are politically incorrect in the way that the communists who invented that term, really meant it. You are not correct with the political party. And you will be shut down, shut up, made uncomfortable, and in the case of the communist, you're going to be shipped off. You're going to go into a camp.

And if not, you're just going to be disappeared. You'll go to Siberia, or you'll go into the ground. That's the real term "politically correct." That's the heritage of "politically correct."

Now if you are politically incorrect, you're an enemy. You're a traitor. And everything is a binary choice.

Now, let me show what happens to binary choices. Let's take Black Lives Matter. Right now, we're being told there's a binary choice. The binary choice is, they're good or they're bad. That's it. They can't be anything else. They are good or they're bad. Let's say you say they're good. Or, let's say you say they're bad. Because that's what most people on our side say, they're bad.

Okay. So what do you do, when you've made the binary choice? You say, "Well, I got to build a wall against all those bad people. And I've got to -- I've got to condemn anybody who is for them, listens to them, wants to march with them, because they're all bad." If you're for Black Lives -- if you excuse anything -- because these people should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Get over it. Right?

And if you don't agree with that, you're an enemy. You're with Black Lives Matter. So what do you do? You build a wall around them, make them the enemy. You condemn them. That's what that wall is all about. Then you try to convince others that they're bad. And if you can't convince them, that person you're trying to convince, they become bad.

And the other side does the same thing. So a binary choice leads to walls, condemnation, destruction, and separation of two camps that only becomes balkanized. It only becomes the Palestinians and the Israelis. And there is no coming back from that.

It's my side or the highway. Balkanization. My way or the highway -- thank you -- thank you for just the look.

Let me give you another choice, not a binary choice, one that doesn't lead to Balkanization of the United States of America, or we could just say, "I'm not getting back together with anybody. You were against, and so I will always be against you. And you will be my enemy because you voted differently. And I will never stand with you."

PAT: I'm not coming out to do some kind of sitdown powwow with you after the election.

GLENN: I'm not asking.

PAT: I'm not coming out to some powwow where we sit around and talk about things after the election. I'm not doing that.

GLENN: I'm not talking -- I'm not asking you to --

PAT: Well, that's what I'm not going to do, so stop asking.

GLENN: I'm not asking.

PAT: You're always saying, you want to sit down and do some powwow, some get-together after the election.

GLENN: No, I'm saying that we're all Americans after the election. And we're all going to metaphorically come together --

PAT: Why do you keep saying we need to come together and do a powwow after the election?

[break]

GLENN: Okay. So if you have a binary choice. If everything in our society -- and it is -- everything in our society is -- you're either for us or you're against us. You either love this or you hate this. Okay?

It's -- it's a binary choice. And a binary choice leads to the same thing over and over again. For instance, Black Lives Matter. Good. Okay. Well, then the people who oppose it are bad. And you got to stop them. Or it's bad. And the people who oppose that idea that it's bad, you have to stop them, because they're bad too. And you build a wall and you don't move any further. Or you could say there's more than a binary choice. There's good and bad, which builds the wall, and some will do. Or there is -- let's just take one -- they're bad, but some of the people can be saved. Or they're good, but they -- a lot of the people in there have been co-opted by bad leaders who don't understand what they're following. They've never gone to the Black Lives Matter website. I can guarantee you, Kaepernick does not know what the leadership wants and where they stand just on Israel. It's like a whole page on anti-Israel stuff. And they don't know where they stand on capitalism.

STU: And he's certainly not making that salary under their proposals.

GLENN: Correct. So you can make another choice. And I want to show you how one builds a wall and the other keeps the walls down and keeps us moving forward, when we come back.

[break]

Talking about binary choices and how dangerous binary choices become. And take the election out of it.

I know this is hard to do because everybody is making everything about the election. But in, what, 30 days, 33 days, the election is over. And we have to come together.

And for those who don't understand, I don't mean literally come together. I mean we're going to need each other. And we're going to need to come together metaphorically. I didn't think I needed to express this, this way. But I do.

PAT: No, but apparently, some people are so stupid, you do have to --

GLENN: Yeah -- stop it. Stop it. Stop it. You are the one who caused the last flare-up of herpes. Stop it. I'm trying to put some cream on this.

PAT: Me too.

(laughter)

GLENN: Yeah.

JEFFY: I got to tell you, sometimes the cream doesn't work. I just want to let you know.

GLENN: Yeah. Well, this cream will never work.

Anyway, I don't mean come together. What I mean is, metaphorically, we need to be Americans again. Because no matter who is going to be our president -- Trump or Hillary -- trouble is coming. And depending on who you're voting for, you'll think that the other one is going to have more trouble. And you may end up being right.

But we'll never know. Will we? Because she's want going to go to a parallel universe and run another country so we'll have a double-blind -- we won't know. We'll just know, we need to stand together so we can weather any storm that might come our way, from the outside or the inside.

And I'm using Black Lives Matter as a -- and please, do not use this as politics. These are principles.

Black Lives Matter to show you the binary choice. One, the binary choice: Good, bad. Leads you to a wall, you don't go past that. You become a balkanized country that sees things one way or the other, black or white, and you go nowhere, because you have nothing in common because you stopped talking to each other a long time ago.

Black Lives Matter, let's just say, you decide they're bad. They're bad. The leadership is bad. What they're doing is bad. But not all the people are bad.

Well, now that's not a binary choice. No, no, you got to make -- they're good or bad. We have to condemn them all or not. No, no. It's like -- and I know this isn't popular currently again, but this audience understood currently when we did it because it took a lot of explaining because we are trained to think binary -- we all want immigrants to be legal. We -- at least in this room, we all want legal immigration. We all want really tough border security

PAT: And I will say, nobody has fought harder than illegal immigration than we have. No one has fought harder.

GLENN: Yeah, you have been -- you're crazy on it.

PAT: Yeah, and nobody has opposed more consistently comprehensive immigration reform than we have. When others were flip-flopping on it because the nominee in 2012 was for it --

GLENN: No, no, when others were flip-flopping because George Bush was the president for the G.O.P. --

PAT: And that too. We were rock solid on that.

GLENN: We were hardcore. So anyway, we have been there -- thank you, Pat for another flare-up.

PAT: Yes, you're welcome. No, I'm just clarifying.

GLENN: I know.

So, anyway, we have been -- we have been solid on this. We went down to the border because I said, "I am for legal immigration, not illegal immigration." We want border security. We want this -- we need this to be solved. And if you come across the border, you need to go home. But we must soften our hearts and see the plight of people. We need to see that there are bad guys. We need to see that there are drug runners. We need to see that there are Syrians and Iraqis and really bad ISIS and al-Qaeda guys coming across our border. But we also need to see the children. And when it comes to the children, we don't just box them up and put them in storehouses, and then do what with them?

PAT: Yeah.

GLENN: We need to love the children and love people, unless you've proven yourself to be a bad guy. And then you have credibility to say, "I love you. Now it's time for you to go home." And we need to make sure our hearts don't harden and harden into a place where we can't see people anymore.

PAT: Uh-huh.

GLENN: Black Lives Matter, good, bad, build a wall, you don't see people anymore. Or bad, but some of these guys are good. They're just misguided. They're being led by people and they don't even know who they're being led by. Because they've had something happen in their life or they've been brainwashed, quite honestly, by an educational system and a culture that just tells them, "You can't make it. These guys are bad. And there's no escape." And as our mothers used to say, "Show me your friends, I'll show you your future."

How many of us have gone down the wrong road because we have surrounded -- don't answer this, Pat, because I don't want to hear this answer. We've gone down the wrong roads because we've made friends with people who were strong personalities that weren't necessarily on the straight and narrow. And you changed your behavior and you changed courses. How many of us have been sold a load of goods that now in retrospect, we were like, "Oh, crap. I can't believe I was so stupid, I believed that."

JEFFY: Right.

GLENN: But if you had a bunch of people standing around you --

PAT: How many times had we said that about the Bush administration? How misled we were about the Patriot Act and going into Iraq --

GLENN: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Right. All of it. All of it. And if you were surrounded by people, as we were by the Michael Moores --

PAT: Uh-huh.

GLENN: -- who were extremists themselves, who said, "All these people are just bad people." And we're like, "No, we're not bad people. We really believe this. We don't think he's a bad guy."

PAT: Right.

GLENN: If somebody would have reached out to us, honest, not trying to -- not a Susan Sarandon -- honest. And sat down with us and really talked to us and loved us and proved they loved us -- they were our friends -- and look, we can disagree. Glenn, you and I can disagree. You might in the end really say war is right. But they would have sat down with us, and they would have listened to us. And then they would have said, "Wow, you've got some good points here. And I didn't know that. I'm going to go look that up. I did not know that. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm wrong. But you look up that. I'm going to look up what you showed me, and you look up what I just showed you. And let's come back together."

Not the intention of winning.

PAT: Uh-huh.

GLENN: But the intention of reconciliation. The intention of, "Let's just come back together on the facts."

PAT: It would have been better. But I don't know that it would have swayed us because now we have ten, 12 years of evidence. You know, we've got -- we've got 12 --

GLENN: I contend nobody tried.

PAT: That's for sure. That's true.

GLENN: And look what happened, now no one tried and now we're in these camps of enemies where nobody even listens to the other side.

PAT: Yeah.

GLENN: No one -- let's take another example. The New York Times, and CBS, ABC, NBC, they have deemed people like us bad for so long, that they could come out and say the truth about something that we believe in and have the documentation. And you still wouldn't believe it. Because you would look at it and say, "Well, it's NBC. It's the New York Times. Of course, they're going to say that." Well, but wait. Here's the video. They --

JEFFY: We did use disclaimers, right? We would do stories or do reports and say, "Well, but it's NBC, so."

GLENN: Yes. But now it's gotten to the point where I said to Stu back in the '90s, there's going to come a point where you won't even believe your eyes. We now watch videos and we still dismiss it.

JEFFY: Right.

GLENN: Because that's just the media out to get X, Y, or Z.

It's on video!

So we've set ourselves up for absolute failure and the balkanization -- which, by the way, just want to let you know, is one of the goals of the Weather Underground, of the communists, of everybody, to balkanize the United States. E pluribus unum is bad. Because e pluribus unum means, from many one, and you can never defeat them when they're one. You have to break them up.

Black Lives Matter, you could love them first. Be honest and find a way to see the common humanity, which is almost impossible now. You're not a human anymore. You're a member of the media, or you're a conservative, or you're a liberal, our you're a Clinton supporter. Or you're a Trump supporter. And there's nothing in between, okay?

There's no humanity. I keep saying, "Am I not more than who I voted for?" Is this the only thing -- you'll see it on Facebook. Somebody will say, "Hey, this is a great pie recipe. Oh, notice it's apple pie. Apple pie. All you conservatives want apple pie, like everything is going to be fine if your beloved Donald Trump gets in." You're like, "What the hell -- I'm just giving a pie recipe." Okay. It's happening in everything. Everything.

We could love. We could listen. We could learn. Then we could either say, "I was wrong." They could say they were wrong. Or we could say, "I was a little bit wrong, and they were a little bit wrong." And we could stand united on those principles and those facts that we now agree on, together. Or we can continue to take one step.

Hmm. Bad. Build wall. Don't talk. Demonize. Put into camps.

We could do that. But that leads to our total downfall.

Or we could not do the same thing and expect a different result. We are doing the same thing -- George Washington warned us against this: Don't do the two-party system. Because the two-party system, they're going to start demonizing each other. And it's going to get worse and worse and worse, until you will divide into two camps. And then, somebody who is unscrupulous will come outside and say, "It's these two party people, and I will make everyone who disagrees with us pay."

And he won't be doing it for any other reason -- and I'm not saying this is Trump -- I'm telling you what Donald -- I'm telling you what George Washington said would happen. And that will be the end of the republic because everyone will just want vengeance because everyone will feel that they have been wronged by the other party who is now their enemy.

What do you say we try something different? And even if we vote differently, at least after the election, we try to take a deep breath and realize we're going to need each other.

PAT: I'm not coming to a powwow. Sit down and discuss things after the election.

GLENN: Oh, is that herpes? Yes, it is. Thank you.

Featured Image: Screenshot from The Glenn Beck Program

In just the past few days, the Senate passed an unprecedented $740 billion spending bill amid an inflation crisis, we found out that the IRS purchased nearly $700,000 worth of guns and ammo ahead of plans to hire 87,000 new "enforcement" agents, and on Monday the FBI raided the home of a former U.S. president. It's pretty safe to say that there's a whole lot going on in this country that we've never seen before, and conservatives had "better wake up," said Glenn Beck on "The Glenn Beck Program."

"This is the beginning of an entirely new kind of America. And when it is all implemented, look out! The only other thing that I think [Democrats] could do to really polish us off is [use] emergency orders. If [President Joe Biden] goes for emergency orders and declares a national emergency over the weather, we're going to be cooked," Glenn said.

Glenn went on to explain why he believes a new "season" is on the horizon for our nation, but it’s not all bad news. He said he's hopeful for a new class of politicians to enter Washington, D.C., and, while no politician is perfect, a few such as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can still surprise us.

DeSantis always seems to be ahead of the curve on hot-button issues, and he tackles them the legal way without abusing his power. Just look at how much the media is trying to paint him as evil. That’s a telltale sign that "he’s on the right track, at the right speed. And he's taking all of it on," Glenn said.

Watch the video clip below to catch more of the conversation. Can't watch? Download the podcast here.





Here are 3 ways the 'Inflation Reduction Act' WILL impact you (Hint: NOT by reducing inflation)

(Left) Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images/(Middle) Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images/(Right)Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images

The Senate has passed President Joe Biden's $740 billion "Inflation Reduction Act" over the weekend, but the only way this deceptively-named bill will reduce inflation is by crushing your buying power. The massive spending bill includes the largest climate spending package ever passed and will allocate a whopping $80 billion to make the IRS bigger than the Pentagon, State Department, FBI, and Border Patrol combined. And just wait until you see how the bill will affect our farmers.

On the radio program Monday, Glenn Beck broke down three rather "terrifying" components of the 755-page bill and how they will impact you.

Watch the video clip below. Can't watch? Download the podcast here.

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis, and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.

CNN’s Brian Stelter had a shocking moment of clarity Sunday when he acknowledged what everyone but the liberal media has known since before the 2020 presidential election: President Joe Biden's son Hunter has been up to some seriously dubious dealings overseas, and his father was almost certainly involved despite his repeated claims to the contrary.

On "Reliable Sources" Sunday, Stelter spoke with first lady Jill Biden's former press secretary, Michael LaRosa, about whether Biden is likely to seek a second term in 2024.

“I hope he runs, and I know he’s going to run. I think he's planning to run ... I don't see why he wouldn't run,” LaRosa stammered.

"What about his son? What about Hunter?" Stelter cut in. “Hunter [is] under federal investigation, charges could be coming at any time. This is not just a right-wing media story. This is a real problem for the Bidens."

Unluckily for Stelter, "The Hill's" Joe Concha can remember all the way back to the fall of 2020:


On a recent episode of Glenn TV, Glenn Beck discussed the most recent findings in the Hunter Biden laptop scandal. Don't get distracted by the seemingly endless stream of scandalous photos and videos, Glenn warns, it's what's coming out about Hunter's overseas business dealings that should be all over the media, because Joe Biden is involved too.

Watch the video clip below or find the full episode here.

Want more from Glenn Beck?

To enjoy more of Glenn’s masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis, and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream

VOTE: You decide who gets a Badge of Merit (Round 3)

Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

The Purple Heart in George Washington's time was not given for being wounded. This award went to ordinary soldiers for doing something of merit—something that would find favor in the eyes of God. Washington knew they couldn't win if they weren't on God's side. And if they were on God's side, God would bless them.

I've been looking for people who deserve a George Washington badge of merit. Many of you have submitted nominations. Thank you for the love, respect, and consideration you have shown in doing so.

From your hundreds of nominations, we have narrowed it down to three finalists. Now, it's up to you to decide who gets this honor.

Here are this week's candidates:

1. Dana, the Mom to Many

Dana and her husband Brian run a nonprofit called Dogwood Ranch in southwest Missouri. According to their website:

Dogwood Ranch was created by family, for family. We believe that everyone deserves the chance to live the life for which they were created. Our mission is simple: to provide support for survivors of trauma as they journey towards wholeness. This includes creating a new heritage for foster children and youth who have been abused and neglected, by providing them with safe and healthy forever families. We are also committed to offering a place of belonging for foster teens through individualized transitional living services. Additionally, we offer specialized support through our equine assisted counseling program, which focuses on bringing restoration to foster youth and other at-risk populations, including our honored military veterans and their families. Through the operation of Dogwood Ranch, our desire is to allow those we serve a new way to experience life, family and true redemption. Everyone deserves a chance to find their way home.

According to her nominator, on top of their work at the ranch, they personally foster young girls and have had "over twenty foster girls they now call family."

Her nominator wrote:

They take the toughest cases that come up. On several occasions, I would reach out to see if she could go out, and she would say she couldn’t because they were on suicide watch that night. Young girls have tried to stab her, have stolen her car, and have come to call her Mom…She is an incredibly hard worker, no-nonsense, and full of life and joy. She is constantly making our community and our world a better place.

2. Francine, the Joyful Servant

Francine, who also goes by “Frannie,” and “Fran,” not only has multiple names, but wears multiple hats. At home, she is the mother of two boys with serious disabilities. At work, she is a caretaker for the elderly, and everywhere she goes, she is a ray of sunshine.

Her nominator entrusted her mother, who has since passed, to Francine's care at a nursing home. She said, whenever Francine was working, she would breathe a sigh of relief. She wrote:

While most of the aides looked at the work as just a paycheck, and some of them were actually cruel to the most needy patients, Fran treated each and every one of them like royalty. She saw each individual as unique and worthy of love and understanding. Every patient adored her, because they knew they were in good hands.

Her nominator wrote that she saw treatment of elderly patients that “made her skin crawl.” There was a woman at the nursing home with severe dementia who had become so antagonistic that other aides, to avoid feeding her by hand, would simply not feed her. When Fran was working, she made sure to sit with her while she ate. She even hosted “dinner parties” with multiple residents to ensure they were fed, and happy.

Her nominator wrote:

When Fran was on shift, people who needed help going to bed never had to wait long. Besides, they didn't mind waiting for FRANNIE. She always did everything with such love and care and class! Then, after a long eight hours (or sometimes a double shift!) she would go home to more of the same routine. And in spite of it all, she did it all with a smile on her face. I've never known anyone like her. She was a godsend to my mother. If it hadn't been for her, and a handful of others, Mom's time at the home would have been unbearable. This woman really does deserve an award.

3. Michael, the Godly Father

Michael was nominated by his three children for modeling how a true man of God lives, loves, and serves his community. After serving as a corpsman in the Vietnam War and then working as an elementary school teacher, his children say he was the “solid, and consistently Godly male role model” in his grandchildren’s life. His children wrote:

My father helped raise his grandkids when my sister was a single mom, even though he had already raised his own kids.

Michael shares the gospel in one-on-one Bible studies with young people who have just gotten out of jail. He raises donations for clothing, food, and blankets for the homeless. He meets weekly with young men for Bible studies, to mentor them, and help them mature into men of God.

Michael has taught true love to his children by the way he treats their mother–his wife of 42 years. They wrote:

He is a solid rock of unwavering love for her, which has had a huge impact on how my brother and I treat our own wives. Mike's steadfast love for our mother has taught us the meaning of loyalty, love, commitment, sacred covenant, compassion, honor, and what a true husband looks like.

Most importantly, they say their father "instilled in us an absolute love for our Creator and compassion for our fellow man. He is our number one role model showing us what a godly man is.”

Who do you think deserves a badge of merit? Cast your vote below.