What an amazing day talking with many of you one-on-one on radio. I learned a couple of things from you today:
(1) you are still part of the greatest listening audience ever assembled;
(2) your kindness and willingness to understand others far surpasses my own;
(3) things in your lives, especially things like jobs and health insurance, suck and you feel they are getting worse;
(4) many of you still have confidence/hope in the direction of the GOP;
(5) some of you have lost hope and feel that no one is listening, and in the case of one listener, even God; and
(6) a few of you are finding meaning, even in the chaos.
What we didn't get to talk about as much as I had hoped is how I can best help. I learned a long time ago that great leaders eat last, and spend most of their time serving the people they are said to "lead." While I don't see myself as a "leader," I do know that I really want to make your life easier. I'm currently working with my team to find ways to break down the news to its most understandable form, not only to save you time and effort, but to help you understand how and why each story affects you and to help you decide for yourself what is right.
I ran out of time today on air. Would you please help me continue the conversation by answering the following questions:
1. How can I help?
2. How can we better serve you?
3. What would you like to learn together?
4. Who would you like me to interview?
Looking forward to reading your comments... you're my life line to sanity while I'm here in Hollywood!