Pull out your Neo-Marxist playbook, because Campus Feminism has added a new rule.
Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts sent out a guide advising its professors to refrain from using the word “women” to describe, well, women.
Instead, when referring to students who are women, they’ve been instructed to use the word “students,” because it is more gender-exclusive --- more open to impetuous, whimsical change, you might say.
This, of course, would be outlandish at any university, but this happens to be an all-women’s university. I’m sorry, I meant, to say “all-student” university.
All of it is part of the school’s initiative to foster intersectionality in the classroom. Complete, non-judgmental acceptance of women because, in their words, “Traditional binaries around who counts as a man or woman are being challenged by those whose gender identity does not conform to their biology.”
Who is allowed to apply?
I really could not make this stuff up, so I’ll just read the school’s answer to the question, “who is female or identifies as a woman?” In other words, if gender identity does not conform to biology, who is allowed to apply to a women’s-only university?
The following academically qualified students can apply for admission consideration:
- Biologically born female; identifies as a woman
- Biologically born female; identifies as a man
- Biologically born female; identifies as other/they/ze
- Biologically born female; does not identify as either woman or man
- Biologically born male; identifies as woman
- Biologically born male; identifies as other/they/ze and when ‘other/they’ identity includes woman
- Biologically born with both male and female anatomy (Intersex); identifies as a woman
The following academically qualified students cannot apply for admission consideration:
- Biologically born male; identifies as man.
Neo-Marxist Campus-Wave Feminism at its finest. You know it’s good, by their standards at least, because it makes absolutely no sense to any logical person.