Several full blown scandals have bombarded the Obama administration in the past few weeks alone, building on an already impressive list of past scandals. So much has happened recently that one might easily forget about Operation Fast & Furious, the dozens of spectacular green ‘investment’ failures like Solyndra, or even garden variety intimidation like Vice President Biden forcing a veteran ABC news reporter into a storage closet for more than an hour.
It’s basically a full-time job to keep track of all the corruption in this administration, and since we know you are far too busy to pick up a second job chronicling Obama’s lies & abuses, we will attempt to do it for you this week on GlennBeck.com. Day 1 (The NSA), Day 2 (The IRS)
Day 3: Intimidating the Press
The Obama administration bragged about ‘controlling the press’ during the 2008 election and it appears they’ve never stopped trying to control them. When the Associated Press released a bombshell report about how the Obama administration was spying on them, it turned out to be only the beginning. Fox News and CBS would later be victims of an out-of-control administration using the Espionage Act to go after reporters who published articles damaging to the government.
Here’s a timeline with all the key dates and information you need to know (to date) on the press targeting scandal. Bookmark this page & share it because despite being the victim the MSM will still move on.
- May 13, 2013: Initial AP report revealing widespread spying on the press.
- May 16, 2013: Carney says the three scandals this week ‘don’t exist’.
- May 16, 2013: What the phone records can actually reveal.
- May 16, 2013: Shocking motivations behind AP phone scandal.
- May 18, 2013: Obama says scandals are just ‘politics’.
- May 19, 2013: Scandal widens – how the DOJ snooped on Fox News reporter.
- May 19, 2013: AP CEO blasts DOJ in first interview after scandal.
- May 20, 2013: Washington Times writer claims there’s another bombshell about to drop.
- May 20, 2013: AP considers legal action vs. DOJ.
- May 21, 2013: Obama uses Espionage Act to target reporters.
- May 22, 2013: NY Times, Wapo, The Hill all blast Obama admin.
- May 22, 2013: Here’s the article that led to DOJ targeting Fox New’s James Rosen.
- May 24, 2013: Confirmed: Holder personal vetted warrant for Rosen.
- May 24, 2013: Did Holder lie under oath?
- May 24, 2013: Was Gibson Guitar another example of political targeting by Obama DOJ?
- June 5, 2013: Holder admits, probes got ‘a little out of whack’.
- June 14, 2013: CBS confirms reporter Sharyl Attkisson’s computers were hacked.