The newest video released by ISIS did not show a barbaric beheading or other cruel execution. Instead, it was deeply religious, full of references to ancient Islamic prophecies that are now supposedly being fulfilled.
Glenn dissected the video during radio Monday morning, to help listeners understand what is being said and why this is so powerful to Muslims in the Middle East and around the globe.
"Most Americans are going to watch this or listen to it, and they're not going to know what it means," Glenn said. "But because you have listened to me and watched me over the years, you'll know every single reference."
Glenn played the video once all the way through. Then, he went back and explained what everything means.
"This is critical," Glenn said. "For anybody who wants to know, 'What time is it? What are we really facing in the Middle East?' You're facing an enemy that believes they are the army of Armageddon."
Here are the most important takeaways Glenn brought up.
1. It starts with a voice saying, "This is our Khilafah," or caliphate, and it shows a giant black flag. Why is the black flag important? The black flag is part of a prophecy for the end times. The Islamic prophecy says you can hasten the return of the promised one. All you have to do is just start washing the world in blood.
2. According to prophecy, there was going to be a mighty army, led by a man named Abu Bakr. The first caliphate was started by a man named Abu Bakr. This is also the self-appointed first name of the current leader of ISIS, al-Baghdadi. Abu Bakr is a critical piece of the prophecy.
3. The voice then goes on to say, "And it is expanding. It is now greater than Great Britain, eight times the size of Belgium, and 30 times the size of Qatar." That, again, is prophecy. It will start to expand.
4. Then they say, "It's the prophetic methodology that we follow, the Koran. Not the manmade laws of corrupt officials." According to the Koran, you must have Sharia law. There is no law that is permissible other than Sharia law.
5. They go on to say, "They destroyed the idols of faith and history. They destroyed the Sykes-Picot line." Really important.
6. Then a very uniting phrase. "What is the difference between the white, the black, the Arab, the Asian? There is no difference, except their adherence to God's laws." What are they saying there? What they're really saying is, judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin. There's a lot of stuff in here that is very, very uniting for those who want to believe in something bigger than themselves.
7. Finally, they say while we send missiles and proxies, they'll send us to hell with 50-cent bullets and meet them at the battlefield of Dabiq, which is Armageddon.