“Communism is looked at as something we can borrow from liberally,” said Glenn by way of introduction to today’s show, the second in a 2-part feature on the history of communism and what really happens when communism takes hold of a country. “The truth is that [communism] is among history’s most proficient killers.”
Here are some of the chilling facts and stats:
- Nearly 100 million people died under communist regimes.
- Chinese dictator Mao Zedong, aka ‘Chairman Mao,’ was responsible for executions, imprisonments, forced famines and labor camps that killed an estimated 65 million of his own countrymen.
- Cuban Revolutionist and pop-culture icon, Che Guevara, ordered hundreds of executions by firing squad without trials. He famously said, “We executed many people by firing squad without knowing if they were fully guilty. At times, the Revolution cannot stop to conduct much investigation.” He also famously hated America, free speech, and rock n’ roll music.
- An estimated 7,000,000 people perished under the dictatorship of Joseph Stalin, the dictator of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Many died from famine after the government’s forced collectivization of farmland.
- 33-42 percent of American millennials say they are unfamiliar with Mao, Guevara and Lenin.
- Among the millennials who are familiar, at least a quarter have a favorableimpression of Guevara, Marx, and Lenin.
Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here.